Some thug broke into my vehicle and smashed my drivers side window in my '21 Tahoe. Do I have to take it to a dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told that SL uses sub par Glass.I've only been told this by a few people. One was actually an installer.
You can compare.
Best of luck.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea sadly here in NY (where we have State inspection) if you have tints it- wont pass
Dark tints are illegal in CT too for good reason.
Too many police are being killed by guns lately and not seeing in vehicles is a step too close for someone on either side of the glass getting hurt.

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too many police are being killed by guns lately and not seeing in vehicles is a step too close for someone on either side of the glass getting hurt.

I do it for health purposes. I travel a lot and have had skin cancer and my doctor recommended that I get tinted windows that block the uv rays. It makes a big difference.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not seeing in is the incentive to get in and find out. We have our "nothing" in plain view.
it is, all of mine have tinted windows as well. out of sight out of mind
tint is allowed here in ca just not on the front windows which i tint also but it's only a fix it ticket at worst if a cop get's a hair up his butt too write it up. which is extremely rare

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The windshield tint is what i don't understand. How do you see at night or rain lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The windshield tint is what i don't understand. How do you see at night or rain lol
me either that's the only glass I won't tint, it's hard enough seeing around me with all the other glass tinted already, side mirrors work great for that but not seeing what you are driving into is sketchy.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My windshield is tinted and it reduces glare from oncoming lights.

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me either that's the only glass I won't tint, it's hard enough seeing around me with all the other glass tinted already, side mirrors work great for that but not seeing what you are driving into is sketchy.

Windshield tint has been the best money I’ve spent. Reduces glare and also keeps the inside of my vehicle cooler when parked in the sun.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Windshield tint has been the best money I’ve spent. Reduces glare and also keeps the inside of my vehicle cooler when parked in the sun.
ya i'm sure it has it's benefit's but even here in the hot sunny central valley I couldn't tint the front too many idiots driving around with no lights and people walking on the road in pitch black or riding bikes in the road. been some close calls already as it is. like ass puckers close and it's not for lack of lighting, my fog's really light up the sides
ss3b.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar