Drivers window controls dont work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info, i will try unplugging them to see if that helps. Im gonna look into that scanner as well.
messed around my vcx nano, I don't use it much but it's supposed to be there if I need it lol
they have changed a lot of the software install procedures, even still it has to be updated from time to time
got it all updated and the stupid thing isn't reading the vin now so I ordered a new one
won't have it till next week, but just poking around in gds2 it shows a window express down test but that's as far as I dug until I get the new vcx

OP
OP

2016yukxL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
messed around my vcx nano, I don't use it much but it's supposed to be there if I need it lol
they have changed a lot of the software install procedures, even still it has to be updated from time to time
got it all updated and the stupid thing isn't reading the vin now so I ordered a new one
won't have it till next week, but just poking around in gds2 it shows a window express down test but that's as far as I dug until I get the new vcx
Thanks for the update.!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh really? I use torque app on my samsung alot, i also have access to a iPhone, so i will download that and check it out. I also have the obd2 reader.
I have Torque Pro on an Android too and cannot see BCM codes but my children have IPhones with CarScanner and can see BCM codes with the same Foseal OBDII adapter.

OP
OP

2016yukxL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found a broken wire in my harness that runs from the door to the fender area. All fixed.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a broken wire in my harness that runs from the door to the fender area. All fixed.

I was JUST about to post this comment. I had this same exact issue on my 2001 Suburban. Mirror controls would work fine, Child Lock worked, but the master window switch did not work. After a LOT of troubleshooting, I discovered that the green wire was not not getting ignition voltage. Right past the door jamb, the harness plugs into the dash right below the fuse panel. The green wire was loose in that plug. The actual terminal was bent/damaged. I de-pinned it and spliced in a new one that I procured from the salvage yard, and it's worked fine ever since. :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660