So I installed my new fogs, and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
They're awesome! Just what I wanted. They aren't HID, so no melting issues, and they're better than stock! The fogs I bought are called "Putco Nitro Blue H16/9006 6000K High Performance Halogen Bulbs". Installation was a hassle, simply because I really didn't know what I was doing, but still. I will include some pictures below. :)

I took the photos with my iPhone 4, so you can't really notice a difference, but IRL, you can definitely tell. :)

During the installation:

Untitled by Robby_Sharpe, on Flickr

After the installation:

Untitled by Robby_Sharpe, on Flickr

Reaction score
I went that route first and they melted my fog lights on a Z71 and the fog lights are bigger versus the regular fog light. Hopefully they wont do that for you.

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
so h16 is plug and play with the "5202" ?

Yeah.

I went that route first and they melted my fog lights on a Z71 and the fog lights are bigger versus the regular fog light. Hopefully they wont do that for you.

Really? Ugh. I went this route specifically so I wouldn't have to worry about melting... Hopefully they would melt though.

Update:
Scratch that, I've since discovered that indeed, one of my fog light housings, is melted... If you're going to switch out the bulbs in your fogs, I would go with LEDs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709