Myself and others stumped Never seen issue before .... ever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Torsion bar keys are wrong or bars in wrong its only my opinion but thats all it can be.I can jack my tahoe up with the rear of the torsion bar it doesnt move yours are moving 3`4 inches just going in reverse and i see it raising the control arms.Alignment will be fine if your not putting that torsion bar under stress like i see it is.When you turn your torsion bar screw up or down i changes you alignment drastically im sticking with that.Put a block of wood on rear of torsion and slowly jack it up bet it moves up alot.Your keys can be indexed wrong its in their take them out again-make sure their the right ones.
THIS^^^^^^^^

You said the toe and camber get all messed up when in reverse. The toe looks off because the camber is so far off because of the torsion bar problems. @corvette744 is all over this.

OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
I'm in belief it's the keys not being clocked right and @George B no offense was meant but yes I agree anything at this point wouldn't hurt also I was unclear on what was meant now I have a better understanding of what you meant. So tomorrow I am gonna tackle this again and start all over with the actual specs via alldata starting by checking my "z height " I'm hoping this measurement will confirm the improper setting of the keys cause I'm certain the bars are correct due to me marking them. But that's if it wasn't wrong before some how

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
So, 3 things

1. Your steering is loosy goosy. Can see several things moving in the video, that shouldn't. If it's coming up as good in inspection, you're doing it wrong lol. Look harder, do whatever you need to do. Because the videos are pretty damning.

2. Quite possibly because of loosy goosy nonsense, your alignment is fuckered. There's a differential in force here, pressuring your front end to either pull the tires away from center of the car, or push them towards.

3. Post pics of your center link. Seen it happen, and had it happen to myself: The things are easy to install the wrong way. Not necessarily the sole cause, but is a major contributor to goofy front end behavior.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, 3 things

1. Your steering is loosy goosy. Can see several things moving in the video, that shouldn't. If it's coming up as good in inspection, you're doing it wrong lol. Look harder, do whatever you need to do. Because the videos are pretty damning.

2. Quite possibly because of loosy goosy nonsense, your alignment is fuckered. There's a differential in force here, pressuring your front end to either pull the tires away from center of the car, or push them towards.

3. Post pics of your center link. Seen it happen, and had it happen to myself: The things are easy to install the wrong way. Not necessarily the sole cause, but is a major contributor to goofy front end behavior.
Despite reading @SnowDrifter 's post about his center link and having all the symptoms I did, I ignored if for some time. Don't know what made me decide to finally take a look under my truck, but sure as ****, the center link was installed incorrectly. FOUR effing years, many sets of tires that got chewed through in 20k miles because of fuckered alignment that wouldn't hold and having to take two turns to pull into my garage -- once flipped to proper orientation, it drove like it should. Nice turning radius back, didn't get super shifty on the highway, just all around smiles.

Doesn't take long to look. Expand the quoted post here for a pic: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...g-at-near-full-lock.86256/page-3#post-1095448

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Despite reading @SnowDrifter 's post about his center link and having all the symptoms I did, I ignored if for some time. Don't know what made me decide to finally take a look under my truck, but sure as ****, the center link was installed incorrectly. FOUR effing years, many sets of tires that got chewed through in 20k miles because of fuckered alignment that wouldn't hold and having to take two turns to pull into my garage -- once flipped to proper orientation, it drove like it should. Nice turning radius back, didn't get super shifty on the highway, just all around smiles.

Doesn't take long to look. Expand the quoted post here for a pic: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...g-at-near-full-lock.86256/page-3#post-1095448

There is a post about the center link in #28.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Give the man a break... He slept since then, or saw one the girls in the Babe thread! Shiney! :)
When you get to be my age, we use the "I've slept since then" excuse all the time but if he is young, he is not allowed to use it till at least age of 50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094