Smog check fail and ac quit !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and i never said cleared the codes, they are deleted never to be seen again no matter what goes on. need a tuner, tech 2 aint cutting it for this act. no its not legal either lol

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that it worked Scotty. I used to do inspections at Eatontown and people would clear their codes before coming. They'd always fail because the sensors weren't ready yet.

never said cleared. deleted in the tune via hptuners. your inspection scanner says "ready" and you pass. you will never know they are deleted as a tech at the station.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
never said cleared. deleted in the tune via hptuners. your inspection scanner says "ready" and you pass. you will never know they are deleted as a tech at the station.
Ahhh, I understand now. Deleted totally--not just the code. Gotcha now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you would be dead wrong there. my regal had 25 codes deleted, egr, evap cat, rear o2. the only thing left was the up stream o2. that you want to know is going bad via the code. once deleted and set to no report all them tests for those items are set to ready as soon as you flash it. NO DRIVE CYCLE NEEDED.

my thaoe has a rear o2 deleted cause it went bad and it passed inspection just like the regal did for 10 years.

this is fully check able with a scanner that shows "im readyness"

the tune in my camaro also has a ton of codes deleted, evap is one of em.

now theres perma codes in newer cars and trucks 16 or 17 up, that cant be deleted if they set the light. they need to pass their tests so the perma code goes away, then delete it to kill it.
No I’m right, you deleted the sensors not the codes. Your description of what you DID is wrong. I have downstream O2 sensors deleted also by my tuner. That’s not the same as deleting the codes.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I’m right, you deleted the sensors not the codes. Your description of what you DID is wrong. I have downstream O2 sensors deleted also by my tuner. That’s not the same as deleting the codes.

im lost on your logic here. with a tuner, like hpt you set the code to no report, that in its self makes the readyness set. you do need to delete every code associated with that item. egr's are 3 codes, o2's are 3 codes, cat is one code, evap can be up to 12 ive seen.

it dont matter if you remove the sensor or not either. the work truck i drive its evap crap just refused to be fixed. i deleted the codes, left the evap all in place. passed inspection.

not sure how much work you've done with a tuner, but ive got over 10 years playing with them. you pass inspection with deleted codes via a tune everywhere that does a obd2 scan.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im lost on your logic here. with a tuner, like hpt you set the code to no report, that in its self makes the readyness set. you do need to delete every code associated with that item. egr's are 3 codes, o2's are 3 codes, cat is one code, evap can be up to 12 ive seen.

it dont matter if you remove the sensor or not either. the work truck i drive its evap crap just refused to be fixed. i deleted the codes, left the evap all in place. passed inspection.

not sure how much work you've done with a tuner, but ive got over 10 years playing with them. you pass inspection with deleted codes via a tune everywhere that does a obd2 scan.
Setting the code to “no report” is deleting the sensor, since it’s not looking at the sensor anymore. Actually you’re setting the sensor to no report.

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are deleting the sensors from the tune which deletes all the codes associated with those sensors.I don’t have to do the actual tuning to understand how emissions systems and their associated sensors work. You are deleting the actual sensors from the tune which deletes the codes too of course. I had the EVAP and downstream O2 sensors deleted from my 02 by Blackbear which deleted the codes too. You are making it sound like you’re just deleting the codes which would come back if you didn’t delete the sensors themselves in the tune. It’s different. You have to delete the source of the codes which is the sensors. It’s not rocket science. I don’t know why you’re arguing the point. Setting the code to “no report” is deleting the sensor.

none of that is right....your just telling it to not set the cel. clearly you have zero tuning experience. nor have a grasp for how tuning works. you could have left the rear o2's and all the evap junk hooked up in your truck and still had the codes never show up. aka deleted codes. that rear o2 code in my tahoe, that o2 is still plugged in. aint seen that code since i deleted that code. same as the work truck. evap is all still in place doing its job. just the codes are deleted, just like in your bb tune. only thing you can actually tune out and have to disable is the egr file. with that pos your disabling it in the tune cause you dont want the pcm to think its there when its not.

go watch some tuning vids if you really dont believe my word for it.

so we're clear. setting a code to no report does not disable a thing, other then the cel light from coming on for that item. nor would i call it deleting the sensor from the tune, that ***** all still working in the back ground. its just no longer telling you theres a issue.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
none of that is right....your just telling it to not set the cel. clearly you have zero tuning experience. nor have a grasp for how tuning works. you could have left the rear o2's and all the evap junk hooked up in your truck and still had the codes never show up. aka deleted codes. that rear o2 code in my tahoe, that o2 is still plugged in. aint seen that code since i deleted that code. same as the work truck. evap is all still in place doing its job. just the codes are deleted, just like in your bb tune. only thing you can actually tune out and have to disable is the egr file. with that pos your disabling it in the tune cause you dont want the pcm to think its there when its not.

go watch some tuning vids if you really dont believe my word for it.

so we're clear. setting a code to no report does not disable a thing, other then the cel light from coming on for that item. nor would i call it deleting the sensor from the tune, that ***** all still working in the back ground. its just no longer telling you theres a issue.
We can agree to disagree then. I’m not wrong. You are setting the SENSOR to not report. You’re not setting the CODE to not report. Codes don’t report, sensors report. I know enough about tuning. You can quit trying to make it sound like I don’t know what I’m talking about just because I don’t have an HP Tuner. I’ll tell you what- if Blackbear tried to explain it to me like you are, I’d be confused as hell. I’m done arguing. Go ahead if you really feel the need. I know what I’m talking about. If you want to call it “deleting the code” then by all means do.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree then. I’m not wrong. You are setting the SENSOR to not report. You’re not setting the CODE to not report. Codes don’t report, sensors report. I know enough about tuning. You can quit trying to make it sound like I don’t know what I’m talking about just because I don’t have an HP Tuner. I’ll tell you what- if Blackbear tried to explain it to me like you are, I’d be confused as hell. I’m done arguing. Go ahead if you really feel the need. I know what I’m talking about. If you want to call it “deleting the code” then by all means do.

bb dumbed it down for you and lied.

sad to say your so very wrong on all of your thoughts, you have no actual experience, therefor you're talking out your ass this whole time.

its just the code your telling to do what now???? "not report". think about that. get over yourself here, ive won this. you are 100% wrong on all of this.

its times like now im reminded why i dont post on shit i know nothing about. i know what im talking about on this topic.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bb dumbed it down for you and lied.

sad to say your so very wrong on all of your thoughts, you have no actual experience, therefor you're talking out your ass this whole time.

its just the code your telling to do what now???? "not report". think about that. get over yourself here, ive won this. you are 100% wrong on all of this.

its times like now im reminded why i dont post on shit i know nothing about. i know what im talking about on this topic.
Tell you what, I have asked Blackbear for clarification. If they agree with you, I’ll admit I’m wrong. If they agree with me, how about you do the same. You are now to the point where you’re disrespecting me and calling me names. If that makes you feel like a big man, I feel for you. It’s time to settle this without calling each names or disrespecting. I did not resort to that, I just stated what I believe to be the facts. If you have a problem with me, take it to a PM so we can talk in private. It doesn’t need to be done here in the open for all to see. I’m sure they’re tired of it. I know I am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia