Reduced Engine Power, an opinion and experience piece!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
My Experience: Reduced engine power, my thoughts and ideas. If you are having this condition, which in effect will affect every loving gm owner of trucks trahoes and gmcs. Im going to list these, they are self descripve in nature.
First Things to check.

!: grounds, check under drivers front fender, bhind engine on both side and battery cables. I dont buy into running wires all over. If it is in good shape has designed not necessary.
2: Check your battery with a good battery checker, if at all questionable replace.
3: Same goes for the alternator, not only check output but check the regulator with a good battery tester.
4: Now you move to the throttle body, check it closley.
5: Now inspect wiring to throttle body connector and inspect all wiring having anything to do with tac module.
6: Fuel system, injectors fuel pump and so on. Get a fuel pressure tester and a long hose and go for a drive.
7: and just for poop and giggles check those coils plugs and wires.
8: Dont be shocked if you replace some parts and they are bad right out of the box. Learn to ohm everything.

If you have not fixed this problem by now, well you need superman mechanic.

I beleive this problem is so vast and it is affecting millions of gm owners, I feel there needs to be litigation on this subject, I hear way to many stories of people spending big money at the stealership and they cant fix the problem. I am worried of the future of this country when it comes to all repairs. No one wants to be a mechanic anymore, and most fathers are not teaching there children any of this becasue they werent taught any of it. I apreciate all your help and friendship. We will speak soon! Good luck. One thing, dont let the fear of all this hype aboutg this problem stear you away from tackling it. It is still all nuts n bolts.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Its almost always either a bad/worn TPS, Its associated wire harness (broken wire), Bad TAC module wiring harness (broken wire), Bad TAC module, Bad/worn Foot pedal Pot or ground issue. In that order of most likely fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660