Smog check fail and ac quit !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if being told your talking out your ass is disrespectful. i say get thicker skin. and i dont recall calling you a name. i know im right. and i know you dont know wtf your talking about in a nut shell. the fact you need to go ask someone tells me you really dont know what your talking about.

this whole time ive done nothing but try to explain how it works, but you wont listen cause your stuck in the wrong thinking of whats going on. 10 plus years tuning crap. vs no tuning experience. i trust what i know for a fact here. go e mail BB. go ahead. ill wait.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if being told your talking out your ass is disrespectful. i say get thicker skin. and i dont recall calling you a name. i know im right. and i know you dont know wtf your talking about in a nut shell. the fact you need to go ask someone tells me you really dont know what your talking about.

this whole time ive done nothing but try to explain how it works, but you wont listen cause your stuck in the wrong thinking of whats going on. 10 plus years tuning crap. vs no tuning experience. i trust what i know for a fact here. go e mail BB. go ahead. ill wait.
PM sent. To you. This isn’t the place for this. Be nice.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to report the conversation between the two of us went into a nicer tone. Sorry to have caused a distraction and we weren’t helping the OP. And just now Blackbear got back to me to say the sensors aren’t deleted, the codes associated with them have been disabled. I stand corrected. I may have been confused due to the EGR system in my 02. I deleted the system, and the sensor was then deleted in my tune. But for the downstream O2 sensors, they disabled the codes but left the sensors in the tune which no longer function. I did remove those sensors. I was confused also by the wording of “deleted the codes” instead of disabling the codes. But in reality it comes down to the fact @Scottydoggs was correct.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin got back to me and I'm less confused and relieved that I'm not crazy. They call it " disabling the codes" which is in effect the same thing as deleting the sensor from the tune since by setting each code for that sensor to " no report" what you are doing is telling the sensor to not report those parameters which in effect deletes that part of the sensor from the tune as it will not use that data because it's missing or wrong. To me it's confusing to say you're deleting the codes because you're actually telling the sensor to not report the codes nor data. You can view the live data but the tune is not using it. I asked him if setting the codes to not report is deleting the codes or deleting the sensors and he said it's the same thing. Neither of us was wrong, just different wording. This is from Justin, "It's functionally the same thing. If the sensor is not there or malfunctioning, then it is ignored and throws a code. Disable the code and it is still ignored"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10