Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unbelievable, at the price of a brand new Porsche Cayenne, my 2021 Tahoe already had 2 serious issues in two and a half months. After 3000 miles with it, honestly I don’t know if I would buy it again. It’s super good looking but its 5.3L is extremely thirsty and I never spent so much in gas like with this car... 11.8 mpg is my average. Rattling from the back of the vehicle are also starting with nothing in the cargo area.

2021 Tahoe Z71 5.3L 4WD Graywood Metallic

jasonblupa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm really surprised gm hasn't notified all owners via recall yet. It's the airbag wiring. They are playing with fire.

My mpg is 15.8 average 2wd. I thought it would be 17mpg.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my vehicle back almost three weeks and put on a thousand miles and the problem has not returned. Still keeping fingers crossed but below was the fix. Scan test B0001 1B. “Steering wheel air bag at stage 1 has high resistance”. They replaced steering wheel airbag and air bag module.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable, at the price of a brand new Porsche Cayenne, my 2021 Tahoe already had 2 serious issues in two and a half months. After 3000 miles with it, honestly I don’t know if I would buy it again. It’s super good looking but its 5.3L is extremely thirsty and I never spent so much in gas like with this car... 11.8 mpg is my average. Rattling from the back of the vehicle are also starting with nothing in the cargo area.

2021 Tahoe Z71 5.3L 4WD Graywood Metallic

I'm really surprised gm hasn't notified all owners via recall yet. It's the airbag wiring. They are playing with fire.

My mpg is 15.8 average 2wd. I thought it would be 17mpg.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

What?! What a joke.

My wifes 5 year old denali xl with over 100k miles still gets 18-20 mpg, just like it did when brand new.

jed2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had a successful resolution to this issue? We bought our new 2021 Tahoe LT early August. In September the issue started. Took in once, they said it was fine. Took back again later that week, they taped it. Issue not fixed. Returned to dealership and they have now had my Tahoe for over two weeks and are telling me the part will not be in until mid-November. My worry is that even once the part is received and installed, the issue might still persist. They do not seem to really know what the problem is.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jed- mines going in for round 2 today. I’ll keep you posted. The airbag in the steering column and control module seems to have worked for one person on this forum. I’m going to push the dealership in this direction.

jed2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jed- mines going in for round 2 today. I’ll keep you posted. The airbag in the steering column and control module seems to have worked for one person on this forum. I’m going to push the dealership in this direction.
Thanks James. My dealer is ordering a new “connector” but not sure for which part of the airbag system. So frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar