Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me that they had to order a part and gave no info on the part or the ETA

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally having this fixed tomorrow. I am told that the part is a Deadener which equals a piece of tape! More updates to follow as I will certainly try and find out which sensor or module needs the tape. I was also told that there is an internal bulletin about this.

For the record the issue has become pretty annoying where I get the message every few seconds on a short drive.

image.jpeg View attachment 255155

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just git back from the dealer... Document ID#5642786 "Installed Butyl tape to Inboard (Driver) Side Airbag connector."

Could be a TSB or recall coming on this.

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my dealer said it was an airbag issue that they have to order a new airbag. While waiting for the part the service alert has now gone away and the passive door and tailgate locks do not work. I think it appears to be more like a wiring issue to me.

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not real happy. Service airbag has come back. Now have also lost the sound and no sound on blinkers. Just over a thousand miles and all this going on. Not a happy camper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094