Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 GMC Yukon Denali
Purchased: 7/30/2020

1st SRS/Airbag service performed: 8/27/2020 with 865 miles
"Inspect & Cycle Driver's front seat inboard airbag connector, apply butyl tape and retest. Performed service bulletin, test drove, & didn't act up"

2nd SRS/Airbag service performed 9/4/2020 with 1007 miles
"Repaired the right side air bag in the front driver's seat, performed bulletin to repair."

Called dealership on 9/17/2020 to report SRS/Airbag warning light flashing again. Dealership said GM guidance on this issue is to now replace airbag and connector. New airbag arrived at dealership on 9/22/2020, but the connector had not arrived.
Called dealership today on 9/28/2020, connector still has not arrived. Expecting it to show up on 9/30/2020.

Looking forward to getting this issue resolved. Keep ya'll posted.
I have had similar situation as you . This is my 3rd trip. They have Now had my truck for 11 days doing the new airbag and connector. Had a problem with the seat (zipper) and now waiting on that is well. I have owned the vehicle since July 28 and it has been in the shop for 14 of those days.

I also have the 6.2 engine and get this moaning/deep reverb noise when accelerating coming from right rear cargo area. They know about it but I am sure that it will not get attention until I do ride along and lose my mind on somebody....... I am convinced this issue is related to the second adaptive valve. The previous gen only had 1 adaptive valve.

PATMAN3737

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No they had no fix other than moving the wiring harness to the other side of the steering wheel. The only fix running right now is your full replacement I think. I even showed them this post but looks like there not going to do anything till GM figures it out. I'm not going back till then.

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I brought my 2021 Tahoe Z71 to a local dealer for fixing the issue and they just taped the wire and repositioned it. It took them less than a day to execute this task. Let’s see what happens. I will keep you posted if it pops up again.

2021 Tahoe Z71 5.3L 4WD Graywood Metallic

Hannah Clampitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Z71 Tahoe that has been at the dealership twice since I bought it a week ago for this same problem. Yesterday the dealership said they had temporarily fixed it (they said GM was working on a permanent fix) but it wouldn't be ready for 3-5 more days. Apparently they ripped the zipper on the leather seat cover when they were trying to put the seat back together! It's ridiculous that the Tahoe has been in the service department more than it's been in my garage....so annoyed! Will update with what "temporary" fix the dealership did after I pick it up.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Z71 Tahoe that has been at the dealership twice since I bought it a week ago for this same problem. Yesterday the dealership said they had temporarily fixed it (they said GM was working on a permanent fix) but it wouldn't be ready for 3-5 more days. Apparently they ripped the zipper on the leather seat cover when they were trying to put the seat back together! It's ridiculous that the Tahoe has been in the service department more than it's been in my garage....so annoyed! Will update with what "temporary" fix the dealership did after I pick it up.
They ripped my seat cover as well. My truck is finally done. I will post back once I pick it up.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks later I have my car back, GM did put me in a 2019 Suburban during this time period. Service Team replaced the driver seat inboard airbag and the connector cable. They had some issues with the zipper on the leather seat cover as it is apparently zipped down really tight. I have about 100 miles in already (dealer is 30 miles away) and no issues yet. Taking it for a long drive today and will let you know how it goes. I left the dealership yesterday without my paperwork and will also try to get my paper work sent over and posted for everybody here.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welll maybe 150 miles later after replacing the clock spring, I just saw the warning light come on again. Curious to know if anyone feels as though they have had a solid fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts