Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They have replaced the clock spring wire in my steering wheel and believe that was the issue. Picking it up this evening and I will post updates to let the group know how it goes.

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
“Some customers may comment on a Service Safety Restraints Sytem message displayed in the DIC. When checking for DTCs, a B14DC symptom 1B and or 13 will be set in the K36 Resyraints Contol Module. This DTC is for an open or high resistance in the F106DA Driver’s front seat in order airbag deployment loop”

Hope this helps.
Hope their fix actually sticks.
Good luck!

This makes sense because when mine was doing it a lot it seemed like it was when I moved around in the seat that would trigger it. What's weird is we are seeing reports of the steering wheel area with clocksprings and bag connectors as well and I find it unlikely there are this many different factors but time will tell.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Driving home and then to work today, no warning message. My Bluetooth phone connection continues to act up, though. Time will tell.

AZ71TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 z71 purchased on 09/12. Service Safety Restraint System showed up on 09/13 and continued intermittently thereafter. Took to dealership on Monday and was told "not safe to drive until fixed" and that "tape is on backorder for at least a month". So glad I spent $$$$ for this Tahoe to only end up driving a Trax loaner...should've just bought 3 of those instead...

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 z71 purchased on 09/12. Service Safety Restraint System showed up on 09/13 and continued intermittently thereafter. Took to dealership on Monday and was told "not safe to drive until fixed" and that "tape is on backorder for at least a month". So glad I spent $$$$ for this Tahoe to only end up driving a Trax loaner...should've just bought 3 of those instead...

Or 1 and a half Rams.

Margaret Rowley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was told "not safe to drive until fixed" and that "tape is on backorder for at least a month". So glad I spent $$$$ for this Tahoe to only end up driving a Trax loaner...

And this is one reason I won't take mine in yet.

Last edited:

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got vehicle back from repair. They said the code for my problem was “Steering wheel air bag at stage 1 has high resistance”. They replaced steering wheel airbag and air bag module. Hopefully that will take care of it. Will definitely give update if it comes back.
1 week later and all is well. Fingers crossed it will stay that way

AZ71TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Got a call today, tape is now in and Tahoe should be ready tomorrow. Fingers crossed GM has seen enough of these to have finally figured out a fix for them and I won't be going back in with the same problem in a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700