Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got vehicle back from repair. They said the code for my problem was “Steering wheel air bag at stage 1 has high resistance”. They replaced steering wheel airbag and air bag module. Hopefully that will take care of it. Will definitely give update if it comes back.

Last edited:

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got an update on my Silverado. It is the clockspring in the steering wheel but also triggered due to high resistance in that mechanism. According to their diagnostics, it was related to the driver side seat airbag. Hoping that this does not turn into a saga of replacing several parts one at a time. I’ve called Chevrolet directly to complain about the two week lead time on parts and hope that might be able to help the dealer find one sooner.

Mes14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got mine back. The code for my problem was “Steering wheel air bag at stage 1 has high resistance”. They replaced steering wheel airbag and air bag module. Hopefully that will take care of it. Will definitely give update if it comes back.
Good luck, hope this is the fix. Looking forward to your update, I get nothing but blank looks from my dealership.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will call my dealership tomorrow with this info and post back. Mine is getting bad, it happened a dozen times on a 2 mile trip today and pretty much happens every time that i get in the car multiple times.

Mes14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went to the dealership today attached is the results, in short they reconnected a wire attached to the steering wheel airbag. Keeping my fingers crossed.
D67A76D0-8039-4AFA-AED6-2F5512BCDEF4.jpeg

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is now in for the
Went to the dealership today attached is the results, in short they reconnected a wire attached to the steering wheel airbag. Keeping my fingers crossed.
View attachment 257914
Mine is now in for the 3rd time for this. Pretty sure that just reseating the connection will not be enough.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like we may be narrowing in on a culprit. This sounds very much like the diagnosis of my Silverado in terms of the resistance and the relationship to the steering whee being turned or not. In my case they want to replace the clock spring wire in the steering wheel.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is now in for the

Mine is now in for the 3rd time for this. Pretty sure that just reseating the connection will not be enough.

Well, two guys now have actually had a wire reconnected, not just a connection reseated, and have not chimed in with further issues.

Sounds to me like a wire is coming out at a connection.

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm at 900 miles on mine and it was giving me the message almost constantly every few minutes a couple of weeks ago and now it hasn't done it but once or twice in two weeks. I'm going to continue to wait it out and see what happens and what seems to be the definitive fix.

Margaret Rowley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. Bought my 2021 Tahoe LT on September 7th. It has been in the shop twice since then for this issue. “Service safety restraint system”.
The first time I took the car in, the warning light came on and off repeatedly. The second time the warning light was showing less frequently.
Today when I picked up the car I asked a ton of questions. Thanks to your posts here I felt fairly well armed. Today they gave me a copy of an internal bulletin.

“Some customers may comment on a Service Safety Restraints Sytem message displayed in the DIC. When checking for DTCs, a B14DC symptom 1B and or 13 will be set in the K36 Resyraints Contol Module. This DTC is for an open or high resistance in the F106DA Driver’s front seat in order airbag deployment loop”

Hope this helps.
Hope their fix actually sticks.
Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700