Rusty undercarriage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A-Rutherford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, recently bought a 03 yukon xl 1500. The body is in pretty good shape minus the typical rusted rockers in which I’m in the process of fixing now. Anyways the truck came from IL and she’s pretty rusty underneath. I’m trying to fix it up, clean it up and all that. So what is a good way to eliminate the rust and a good coating.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, recently bought a 03 yukon xl 1500. The body is in pretty good shape minus the typical rusted rockers in which I’m in the process of fixing now. Anyways the truck came from IL and she’s pretty rusty underneath. I’m trying to fix it up, clean it up and all that. So what is a good way to eliminate the rust and a good coating.
https://store.interstateproducts.co...VVLeoW44I7_OGawH_Z6578ia0PrbxZBhoCVpYQAvD_BwE

I have seen this same type of product sold in spray cans as well.

Last edited:

John Youngman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished restoring my 05. I ground down, sanded, and/or scuffed everything that I could reach on the undercarriage and coated it with Zero-Rust that I got from Raybucks. I got a gallon and brushed a few coats on where I could, then used aerosol cans of it in spots that were tougher to reach. A ton of work but it turned out well. IMG_20200518_180348170.jpg

John Youngman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You forgot to coat your muffler.

:joke: (just in case anyone thought I was actually serious).

Lol, that was actually at the very beginning of the project, everything else under there has been done now except for the muffler. It's on my "to be replaced" list in the very near future.

John Youngman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not replaced but was cleaned up and re-painted. Hopefully never have to use it because it still isn't pretty.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Any aftermarket place near you will do it for under a 100 bucks mine cost 89.00 and its great-call around and ask how much undercoating is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon