RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikryd

Reaction score
How can they tell?

They see my taillights rapidly accelerating away from them, haha. I bet many Tahoe owners don't even know what an RST is or that a 6.2 is available. I even had a CHP ask me if it was an Escalade. I live in San Diego, a fairly large city. When I started looking back in November 2018, there was only one 2018 RST in a hundred mile range. I had to drive to Torrance, CA. to get my 2019 RST. So unless you are an enthusiast, you probably wont know or care what a RST 6.2 is even with the badging.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So unless you are an enthusiast, you probably wont know or care what a RST 6.2 is even with the badging.

But you debadge right?

Yet you want enthusiasts to know what it is?

I do wish I had a ‘6.2L’ badge and nothing else on my Denali. Like you, I prefer to drive ‘sleepers’.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can they tell?

IMO the 3 most obvious ways to tell a Tahoe is an RST:

Black OEM window trim and bow ties
Front Grille
OEM RST 22” wheels

That being said; Are these 3 items available mods to install on a non RST Tahoe/Suburban? Absolutely.

And if that’s what you’ve done and what you’re into then I guess you’re just that guy. They’re everywhere on all platforms with “performance” or “limited” models.

“GT” or “5.0” badges on base model V6 Mustangs
Hellcat badges on V6 and dare I say 5.7L/6.4L models
“V” badges on a normal Cadillac CTS/ATS

The list goes on and on... Even so you’ll never fool a true enthusiast.

To each their own.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the 3 most obvious ways to tell a Tahoe is an RST:

Black OEM window trim and bow ties
Front Grille
OEM RST 22” wheels

That being said; Are these 3 items available mods to install on a non RST Tahoe/Suburban? Absolutely.

And if that’s what you’ve done and what you’re into then I guess you’re just that guy. They’re everywhere on all platforms with “performance” or “limited” models.

“GT” or “5.0” badges on base model V6 Mustangs
Hellcat badges on V6 and dare I say 5.7L/6.4L models
“V” badges on a normal Cadillac CTS/ATS

The list goes on and on... Even so you’ll never fool a true enthusiast.

To each their own.
No really, I got one Tahoe park next to me in Costco and I look the rims and I said ohh nice a RST, and as I get closer I look the exhaust and it was 5.3 [emoji85].
Look the pipe and you know immediatelyy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 66 Chevy II had 283 badges on it. But under the hood was my built 402. And I went with quiet 3inch mufflers, so everyone assumed it was a cammed mouse.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 90% of the new cars in this forum are a lease that is why nobody touches anything doing that they have to bring it back in 2-3 years.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 90% of the new cars in this forum are a lease that is why nobody touches anything doing that they have to bring it back in 2-3 years.

Leases only make up around 25-30% of car sales...I doubt it triples for tahoes? Seems a lot of these guys keep them for a long time here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your playing around with air flow by debadging it with that grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442