RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m doing this off the top of my heAd so some of the numbers may not be exact. If you order the 6.2L performance pack you get the magnetic ride control. The suspension is actually softer. The front springs for from 610 lbs per square inch to 560. The rears go from a 250/445 progressive spring to a 245. We have a 5.3L RST and am actually surprised at the ride quality without the mrc. 22s can do very bad things to ride quality.

Re the tow package. If you have the 6.2L and the 10speed the rear gears are 3.23s regardless if you order the tow package. Only the 5.3L goes from 3.08s to 3.45s, a 12% increase in to multiplication.

John Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any clarity on whether you can get Adaptive Cruise Control with the RST 6.2L? Dealer ads seem to have it listed but GM website won't allow you to add with out removing RST.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any clarity on whether you can get Adaptive Cruise Control with the RST 6.2L? Dealer ads seem to have it listed but GM website won't allow you to add with out removing RST.
The dealer has more options always.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone else that there is absolutely nothing letting someone know you have a 6.2 RST over a basic Premier just by looking at the truck ?

I thought the wheels were specific to the 6.2, but now I find out thats not true either.

1sikryd

Reaction score
Does it bother anyone else that there is absolutely nothing letting someone know you have a 6.2 RST over a basic Premier just by looking at the truck ?

What about the black badging and color matched grill and trim? I don't neccesarily want people to know I have an RST. I debadged mine the first weekend I had it, and then replaced the grill a couple of weeks later.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 option is what I was refering to,,,, sorry for the confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01