RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove an rst today. I have to say it was nice. I thought the steering was very tight.
Is the steering tighter because of the 22” wheels or because of the rst pkg

Does the rst have the max towing pkg?

Last edited:

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the RST package, Denali had the same if you try to go faster it gets more rigid or tight.
I drove an rst today. I have to say it was nice. I thought the steering was very tight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score

Nope, comes with 3:23s. Personally, I'll be waiting on an RST until they have better color options available or just make the 6.2 option available on all Premier Tahoes along with the Max Tow option.

Rumblur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope I am in the right spot to post this topic. I’ve looked and wasn’t able to come up with the discussion, I apologize if it’s already been posted somewhere. Somewhat new here to this.

Looking at possibly trading in my 17 Tahoe Premier for a 19 RST. Would like to ask the owners a few questions. Had some small issues with my 17 and makes me nervous jumping into a 19.

How are the 10 speeds holding up?

How is the suspension? (Drove an RST yesterday and thought night and day difference between my 17 and that 19. Big time improved!)

Do you have the rough idle in drive?

Is there anything you like/don’t like?

I really appreciate everyone’s input!!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the RST and love it. Quick, quiet and comfy. The 10 speed is awesome. The suspension is awesome over the standard 2016. No rough idle, ever. I have a few suggestions for the GM engineers: 1. Why offer a cell phone charging plate in the arm rest? I want my arm there! 2. Turn off all the warning bells until I actually need to be reminded. I don't need a bell to tell me to put on my seatbelt if I have not yet put the vehicle in Drive. 3. Sometimes my audio will not connect to my phone. 4. The tiny storage area in the way-back needs to be larger. There is wasted space behind the interior wheel wells - - give me more storage to hide stuff. 5. The left exhaust pipe crossover to the right side is smashed to give ground clearance. Has to be a huge restriction and looks like an afterthought. 6. I would like to be able to control the height of the vehicle. Currently it is set real high which I like, but when I hook my boat up, it pumps all 4 back up high again. Just want to maybe have a high, med, low setting. 7. For an unknown reason, a burning smell when towing. I have heard others mention it. No problem, just a little scary the first few times. Smell coming from AC vents, not brakes, or trany, etc. Not even a heavy load, just a little trailer.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any exhaust smash in the bottom I maybe looking at the wrong place.
I bought the RST and love it. Quick, quiet and comfy. The 10 speed is awesome. The suspension is awesome over the standard 2016. No rough idle, ever. I have a few suggestions for the GM engineers: 1. Why offer a cell phone charging plate in the arm rest? I want my arm there! 2. Turn off all the warning bells until I actually need to be reminded. I don't need a bell to tell me to put on my seatbelt if I have not yet put the vehicle in Drive. 3. Sometimes my audio will not connect to my phone. 4. The tiny storage area in the way-back needs to be larger. There is wasted space behind the interior wheel wells - - give me more storage to hide stuff. 5. The left exhaust pipe crossover to the right side is smashed to give ground clearance. Has to be a huge restriction and looks like an afterthought. 6. I would like to be able to control the height of the vehicle. Currently it is set real high which I like, but when I hook my boat up, it pumps all 4 back up high again. Just want to maybe have a high, med, low setting. 7. For an unknown reason, a burning smell when towing. I have heard others mention it. No problem, just a little scary the first few times. Smell coming from AC vents, not brakes, or trany, etc. Not even a heavy load, just a little trailer.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, comes with 3:23s. Personally, I'll be waiting on an RST until they have better color options available or just make the 6.2 option available on all Premier Tahoes along with the Max Tow option.

I’ve done some checking. The max towing comes with aux oil cooler, 2 speed transfer case hd limited slip and brake controller. Coupled to the 342 gearing. It would appear that all the parts listed above are included in the enhanced premier and rst model. Just no 342 gears. 323 gearing only. I’m good with that

Note that the enhanced premier is available in all the color except the green. I really don’t like the sun roof and power side steps.

Also note the wireless charger charges my iPhone 8 Plus Did not have to sit squarely in the charger.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wonder if #2 may be statutorily mandated. Every car I've been in since about 1978 has a reminder chime if you don't put on a seatbelt.

I totally agree about storage space. For such an enormous vehicle, there is comically little interior storage. The center console bin is large, but the way-back storage cubby is tiny and it does seem like they could have found some space along the sides. I figure that this design happened in the depths of GM's recession issues and there had to have been some cost cutting.

OP
OP
ervsfire

ervsfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I did decide, and going two years, a bigger motor and a couple other very small changes; $20,000 wasn’t worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought one new and gas milage is like 8 mile to a gallon it driving me nut is it cause it new I only have 240 mile on it

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the first time you drive one of this puppy.
If is yes you will see soon or after a couple of thousand miles, you had 25-50-400 on the dashboard find it and you will understand better.
I just bought one new and gas milage is like 8 mile to a gallon it driving me nut is it cause it new I only have 240 mile on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14