Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, if it idles at the same RpM in Drive worse with petrol / better with E85, that makes me think the 20 year old injectors may be aging less than gracefully

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, if it idles at the same RpM in Drive worse with petrol / better with E85, that makes me think the 20 year old injectors may be aging less than gracefully
I'm not 100% sure it sure seems to idle better when using E85 fuel but it still cant tell for sure for running the AC increases the RPMs. will have to run her early in the AM w/out the ac.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older fuel injectors perform weakest at (or under) idle & @ WOT.
While the AC clutch is engaged, commanded idle RpM increases by at least 50RpM over no AC.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my wires with OEM's what a pain in the A$$ to pull the old wires with the heat shields. I haven't really had an opportunity to drive it to see if changing the wires helps any.
Well now I’m not excited to change wires and plugs lol… I know you have to get around the heat shield and also deal with putting the wires in the correct order (?)

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the AC clutch is engaged, commanded idle RpM increases by at least 50RpM over no AC.
I usually don’t use my AC in the summer tbh I ride with windows down. Never really doing over 45

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well now I’m not excited to change wires and plugs lol… I know you have to get around the heat shield and also deal with putting the wires in the correct order (?)

If you're talking about the metal shields that cover the plug wire at the plug, those are removed easily enough with hose clamp pliers or long reach angled pliers. And each coil is directly above its respective spark plug -- how you gonna mix them up?

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the metal shields that cover the plug wire at the plug, those are removed easily enough with hose clamp pliers or long reach angled pliers. And each coil is directly above its respective spark plug -- how you gonna mix them up?
I don’t know, I just read that, maybe it was referring to another car. Either way I will Change plugs. I just filled up with e85 and already feel a little difference in the idle. Feels smoother.

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So the idle seems a little better with the E85 and new wires, I was told that E85 has better cleaning power than fuel alone so I'm betting that my injectors are dirty. I'm going to invest in a injector cleaner like (https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Wisamic-Automotive-inyectores-combustible-25-4/dp/B075KPD5S2) and use Seafoam injector cleaner and see how that works out.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use these to pull the boots. just pull the coil side, turn the boots till the break free then grab them with pulled and the usually come right off.

Attachments

• overview_image_196390057_4648735.jpg
    overview_image_196390057_4648735.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo