Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t remember......LTZs came with puddles lights, could be off that, or a suv, like you said. Odd they didn’t keep the ones without puddle lights and paint them instead of swapping to the ones with the puddle light and painting over it.....

My LTZ didn't come with puddle lights (at least not when I bought it) but when I put my Esky mirrors on they worked.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My LTZ didn't come with puddle lights (at least not when I bought it) but when I put my Esky mirrors on they worked.

Crazy......maybe they didn’t.....my Denali did...

I think it's weird that the LS and LT don't even have the wiring in the doors for puddle lights or folding mirrors. It used to be all the trim levels had the same wiring so the function could just be added in the BCM. It might not even be worth it but maybe I could get the harnesses in a wrecking yard, but iti also depends on how hard it is to swap harnesses.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's weird that the LS and LT don't even have the wiring in the doors for puddle lights or folding mirrors. It used to be all the trim levels had the same wiring so the function could just be added in the BCM. It might not even be worth it but maybe I could get the harnesses in a wrecking yard, but iti also depends on how hard it is to swap harnesses.

I think that's because the interior is completely different as well. My LTZ interior is just like my Yukon, where the LS and LT are like the work truck. So it makes sense for the wiring to be different. I bet the work truck and LT have the exact same wiring.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackbear just let me know they have no control over the BCM so they can't enable the power folding function but I read more on the subject and I don't want to go through all the crap that's involved anyway. Not only would I need new door wiring harnesses, new switch panels for both sides, a flash of the BCM which no one will do unless you use a VIN off another vehicle with all the options of your truck including the power fold, a flash of both the front switch modules, but then the front door switches are being changed over to the bus system (the LT/LS/WT options are non-bus) and there are other issues as well including having to add something to the rear switches as far as some extra pins in the harnesses due to changing to the bus system. Plus if you have a factory radio it needs a flash. And if you have XM you need a new XM receiver (not a used or donor one) and it needs to be flashed. It's not worth it. If the truck came with the harnesses in the front doors already in place, then the doors are wired for the bus system and it's plug and play. Nobody seems to know why GM went with 2 different door switch systems. It's not just the wiring but bus and non-bus. Stupid. My puddle lights work now and I'm happy.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Blackbear just let me know they have no control over the BCM so they can't enable the power folding function but I read more on the subject and I don't want to go through all the crap that's involved anyway. Not only would I need new door wiring harnesses, new switch panels for both sides, a flash of the BCM which no one will do unless you use a VIN off another vehicle with all the options of your truck including the power fold, a flash of both the front switch modules, but then the front door switches are being changed over to the bus system (the LT/LS/WT options are non-bus) and there are other issues as well including having to add something to the rear switches as far as some extra pins in the harnesses due to changing to the bus system. Plus if you have a factory radio it needs a flash. And if you have XM you need a new XM receiver (not a used or donor one) and it needs to be flashed. It's not worth it. If the truck came with the harnesses in the front doors already in place, then the doors are wired for the bus system and it's plug and play. Nobody seems to know why GM went with 2 different door switch systems. It's not just the wiring but bus and non-bus. Stupid. My puddle lights work now and I'm happy.
What does the radio have to do with power fold mirrors? Just crazy.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does the radio have to do with power fold mirrors? Just crazy.
Well... you asked lol. Here's the guy's post that did it. He explains it all but basically it's because you're changing the VIN in the BCM and the radio is tied to the old VIN. This guy's info is why I decided to say no thanks.
Quote:

Must change door harness' bezels, and swap to a driver door module and passenger door module as opposed to the hardwired switches from the factory.Must locate a VIN for a truck that is the same year model as yours and has the DL3 power fold mirrors. This is necessary to reprogram the new door modules and the BCM so everything will function correctly.
25879083 left mirror
25971917 BCM uplevel option
25838267 right mirror
25788838 door harness
25869957 door harness
15906882 driver door module
15906881 passenger door module

Chunked the boxes for the switch bezels last week.
You can get the DL3 mirror option in a option package with the SLE-2 interior and the non-luxury door panels.

Changed all of those parts. Then I reflashed the BCM, DDM, and PDM to the VIN of a truck that had DL3 option. You then have to reflash the radio also because it is VIN locked to the truck and will lock up with the bcm reflash. If you have XM radio the XM will lock out. There is no way to relearn it you must replace the XM receiver with a new never programed receiver. The new xm module will then learn the vin of the truck with the DL3 option once it is installed and the new receiver setup procedure is done using the tech 2 under the special functions menu. Once the bcm is flashed you have to go to special functions in the bcm and select SDM relearn so the airbag will function. EDIT IF your truck has rear park assist this module must also be replaced with a brand new never programmed module because it is VIN locked to the BCM just like the XM module for god know what friggin reason.

This gets everything functioning and working front doors lock correctly windows function and mirrors fold operate and turn signals working.

The rear windows is where it gets fun. There are two connectors one in the drivers kick and one in the removable panel at the side of the dash. These connectors were originally routed into the drivers door switch and were plugged into the drivers door harness and contain the window control wires for the rear windows. Everything in the front doors changes to databus with the DL3 modification requiring these wires to now be routed to the BCM into the gray plug marked X7. The rear windows are now under BCM control. I took the original driver door harness and gutted it so I had all of the wires that ran to the x800 and x700 connector and removed all of the wires except for the rear window control wires that is all that is needed now. This let me plug into the factory connectors without having to cut anything. You have to crimp terminals onto the wires in order to slip them into the bcm the part number for the terminals is SNAC3-AO21T. They are located in DELPHI tray number 20. These terminals are part of the essential service tool kit and are available at all gm dealers. I have the special crimpers to crimp them onto the wire it is a three step crimp procedure. The crimp tool number is J-12085271. Plug these new terminals and the wires into the bcm into the positions below in order for the rear windows to work.

Passenger rear door BCM plug gray X7
Purple down control pin 26 at bcm
Lt-grn up control 18 at bcm
lt blue/white window request 27 at bcm

Driver rear door
Purple down control pin 19 at bcm
DK green up control 28 at bcm
DK blue window request 21 at bcm

With the DL3 mirror option added the control wires from both rear switches are now re-routed to the BCM and are under direct control of the BCM.

When you push the LR or RR window up or down button on the drivers door that command is sent to the BCM via serial data, the BCM then sends the command to the appropriate rear window switch which then in turn rolls down the rear window.

This was a hell of a lot of work the customer wanted it and didnt mind paying for it. He is disabled and could not get out of the vehicle to fold the mirrors in and out to get into his narrow garage. I'm not even going to put prices on parts because gm is changing them daily almost these days. I did this it works beautifully dont let anyone tell you it cant be done they just have to be really familiar with TIS and know how to work around it. This is where and when you enter the VIN for the donor vehicle it will then load all of the correct calibrations for every module present in that vehicle you then program the BCM, DDM, and PDM and radio one module at a time. Then clear all codes when done and everything will work correctly. You dont mess with the VIN information in any other modules since it is irrelevant. The PCM, TCM doesnt care what VIN is in the other modules in the vehicle. The BCM and Radio are the only two that have to match in order for the OEM radio to work. Write down the donor number and keep in the glove box it must be used for the rest of the life of the vehicle to keep everything working. If at any point the BCM, RADIO, DDM or PDM are flashed back to the stock vin the added DL3 options will quit working rt window will quit and the door locks will not work.

GOOD LUCK you must have a through understanding of GM wiring schematics and how the components interface for this to work.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well... you asked lol. Here's the guy's post that did it. He explains it all but basically it's because you're changing the VIN in the BCM and the radio is tied to the old VIN. This guy's info is why I decided to say no thanks.
Quote:

Must change door harness' bezels, and swap to a driver door module and passenger door module as opposed to the hardwired switches from the factory.Must locate a VIN for a truck that is the same year model as yours and has the DL3 power fold mirrors. This is necessary to reprogram the new door modules and the BCM so everything will function correctly.
25879083 left mirror
25838267 right mirror
25788838 door harness
25869957 door harness

You can get the DL3 mirror option in a option package with the SLE-2 interior and the non-luxury door panels.

Changed all of those parts. Then I reflashed the BCM, DDM, and PDM to the VIN of a truck that had DL3 option. You then have to reflash the radio also because it is VIN locked to the truck and will lock up with the bcm reflash. If you have XM radio the XM will lock out. There is no way to relearn it you must replace the XM receiver with a new never programed receiver. The new xm module will then learn the vin of the truck with the DL3 option once it is installed and the new receiver setup procedure is done using the tech 2 under the special functions menu. Once the bcm is flashed you have to go to special functions in the bcm and select SDM relearn so the airbag will function. EDIT IF your truck has rear park assist this module must also be replaced with a brand new never programmed module because it is VIN locked to the BCM just like the XM module for god know what friggin reason.

This gets everything functioning and working front doors lock correctly windows function and mirrors fold operate and turn signals working.

The rear windows is where it gets fun. There are two connectors one in the drivers kick and one in the removable panel at the side of the dash. These connectors were originally routed into the drivers door switch and were plugged into the drivers door harness and contain the window control wires for the rear windows. Everything in the front doors changes to databus with the DL3 modification requiring these wires to now be routed to the BCM into the gray plug marked X7. The rear windows are now under BCM control. I took the original driver door harness and gutted it so I had all of the wires that ran to the x800 and x700 connector and removed all of the wires except for the rear window control wires that is all that is needed now. This let me plug into the factory connectors without having to cut anything. You have to crimp terminals onto the wires in order to slip them into the bcm the part number for the terminals is SNAC3-AO21T. They are located in DELPHI tray number 20. These terminals are part of the essential service tool kit and are available at all gm dealers. I have the special crimpers to crimp them onto the wire it is a three step crimp procedure. The crimp tool number is J-12085271. Plug these new terminals and the wires into the bcm into the positions below in order for the rear windows to work.

Driver rear door

With the DL3 mirror option added the control wires from both rear switches are now re-routed to the BCM and are under direct control of the BCM.

When you push the LR or RR window up or down button on the drivers door that command is sent to the BCM via serial data, the BCM then sends the command to the appropriate rear window switch which then in turn rolls down the rear window.

This was a hell of a lot of work the customer wanted it and didnt mind paying for it. He is disabled and could not get out of the vehicle to fold the mirrors in and out to get into his narrow garage. I'm not even going to put prices on parts because gm is changing them daily almost these days. I did this it works beautifully dont let anyone tell you it cant be done they just have to be really familiar with TIS and know how to work around it. This is where and when you enter the VIN for the donor vehicle it will then load all of the correct calibrations for every module present in that vehicle you then program the BCM, DDM, and PDM and radio one module at a time. Then clear all codes when done and everything will work correctly. You dont mess with the VIN information in any other modules since it is irrelevant. The PCM, TCM doesnt care what VIN is in the other modules in the vehicle. The BCM and Radio are the only two that have to match in order for the OEM radio to work. Write down the donor number and keep in the glove box it must be used for the rest of the life of the vehicle to keep everything working. If at any point the BCM, RADIO, DDM or PDM are flashed back to the stock vin the added DL3 options will quit working rt window will quit and the door locks will not work.

GOOD LUCK you must have a through understanding of GM wiring schematics and how the components interface for this to work.
Crazy! I don't blame you one bit. I'd say screw it too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Quote:

25879083 left mirror
25838267 right mirror
25788838 door harness
25869957 door harness

Driver rear door

Love reading stuff like this. Solid info. Agree with you and Tony. Waaaaaay too much for finding mirrors. Screw that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcraddick11

Latest posts