Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered an axle seal, ABS ring, bearing and went ahead and ordered the calipers for the disc brake conversion. I have the slotted rotors that match the fronts I already put on and some pads that are almost new. I didn't buy the heavy backing plates because those are needed to mount the e-brake assembly and this truck has the e-brake delete mod. The calipers should mount directly to the axle. I bought what Rock Auto advertises as the "new design" ACDelco calipers. This conversion will only cost me $160.
71Y2-AbRj1L._SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my steering wheel emblem today and cheated it on. I didn't want to pull and disassemble the airbag to install it so I poked a hole in the center of the old one and stuck a pick in and pulled it off so I didn't damage the airbag by prying around the edges. Then I cut the tabs short and made sure it pushed all the way on, then pulled it off and added a big blob of black RTV silicone in the center and pushed it back on. I could feel it squish the silicone so I know it won't come off. Total time to repair was less than 10 minutes.

IMG_7927.JPG IMG_7928.JPG IMG_7929.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made