Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the price for the tint on the windshield depends on the product used and location.

The guy I use charges $195 for the Ceramic film on the windshield but it blocks 99% of uvA and uvB rays and like 60% of the heat.

Of course this is Florida and it is HOT so tint is popular and almost mandatory.
This is a quote for ceramic film. He uses the best stuff and his work is always perfect.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the price for the tint on the windshield depends on the product used and location.

The guy I use charges $195 for the Ceramic film on the windshield but it blocks 99% of uvA and uvB rays and like 60% of the heat.

Of course this is Florida and it is HOT so tint is popular and almost mandatory.
Need to look into this. I had someone do my tints and they charged me $120 to do all of the side windows. Didn’t do the rear glass to keep police from pulling me over. I think it was ok job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
b606f592-a279-4b46-a6b3-416376cb79ba-jpeg.253932

perfect

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local guy charged me $260 to do the front two and strip on the front window on the Yukon (Too high IMO). Same guy has done my wife and moms accord. Never the same pricing schedule. I think these tint guys price based on bills for the week...

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I decided to give BT Dieselworks one more try. I sent an email with the subject of “WTF” and went into detail the fact it’s been 6 weeks, I have emailed back in the original order email from them with no reply, a phone call and message left with no reply, and another email in a separate chain with no reply. I mentioned the fact that I am documenting this in some forums in my build threads and there are potential customers watching. Guess what? I got a return email yesterday (Saturday) from Ben Tyler himself who said he hasn’t seen any emails from me, and asked if I bought the programming from White Audio Media. So again, it’s a WTF. I copied and pasted all my prior emails and the email from them with the order confirmation and am awaiting his response. It seems like you have to threaten these companies with a bad reputation in order to get service anymore. It’s getting bad out there imo.
Wow. Wtf indeed. That’s BS. Let us know what he says. That’s not the kind of company I want anything to do with.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. BT Dieselworks sent the tune today and apologized. He said he applied a discount for the wait. But he also said I need to send it to my tuner to authorize it so I can load it through my Autocal so I forwarded the email to BB. Funny thing is, I can’t find a charge from them in the first place.
Edit: never mind. I found the charge in my Paypal account on 6/19 using cash I had in there, which fooled me because it usually pulls money from my checking account. So now I’ll wait to see what discount he applied, I don’t see anything yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now. What an adventure. Communication wasn’t the best at first but BT did get back to me twice today and helped me out. I sent the file to BB for them to authorize it, whatever that meant. I got it back in one day (today) and Shannon said “try this”. So I copied it into my Autocal, went to the truck and tried it. I got error codes. So I emailed BB with the issues and Shannon said they would have to get ahold of the tuner (BT?) and that BCM’s can’t normally be tuned with an Autocal. Pfft. I emailed BT with this info and they said it needs to be done on my laptop with the Autocal as a pass-thru device. So I tried that. I tried a full flash and it said nope, can only do a cal-flash so I tried that. It said nope, my BCM needs to be licensed first. So I went in to check the license and it said nope, I need to license it before it can be checked. I looked and there was one available TCM slot open ( not BCM slot, but this part was in BT’s instructions) So I was able to license the BCM, then I was able to Cal-Flash the BCM. And there we go. No more hyper flash. Lane change blinks five times instead of 3. No more DRL. Nice. Still waiting to see how much I get refunded and I have no idea why my order was lost and my first emails not returned but ever since he finally got back to me, the service has been great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n