Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally found the leak on the left front. I installed the new manifold that Airlift sent me and I thought it was fixed. With the truck on jack stands I left it aired up to 150 lbs and it lost zero pressure for the entire day. So I let it off the jack stands and left it. It started losing air immediately. Overnight it lost 40 lbs. What. The. Fu*k. It pissed me off so I left it for a few days while I ordered new aluminum hard line, expecting to just replace that side from front to back. Today I put it on jack stands, pulled the right front wheel and put a jack under the spindle to imitate the weight of the truck being on it. I didn’t think it should matter- pressure is pressure, right? I sprayed the fittings at the bag first, planning on starting there and working my way back. Nothing. Then I decided to spray the entire bag. Aha. It’s leaking around the top flange, where a mounting bolt is. That’s not supposed to even be possible due to the design. But it’s happening. These bags aren’t even 3 years old, I replaced them right after I bought the truck because the PO had installed 8” bags which rubbed the control arms and put a hole in one. I think it’s a manufacturing defect. Anyway they’re out of warranty so I called Slam Specialties and ordered one. It will be here Monday. I hope this ends this leak issue. It’s been driving me nuts since I have owned the truck. Before the new Airlift system it used to drop both fronts down overnight if I left it aired up because I only had a 4 valve setup so both fronts ran off one air line. I mean, I always air it out when I park it so it isn’t critical but if I drop it at a shop I need it to stay aired up while they work on it. Plus it’s just annoying to put so much work into new hard lines and a new air management system and see a slow leak.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally found the leak on the left front. I installed the new manifold that Airlift sent me and I thought it was fixed. With the truck on jack stands I left it aired up to 150 lbs and it lost zero pressure for the entire day. So I let it off the jack stands and left it. It started losing air immediately. Overnight it lost 40 lbs. What. The. Fu*k. It pissed me off so I left it for a few days while I ordered new aluminum hard line, expecting to just replace that side from front to back. Today I put it on jack stands, pulled the right front wheel and put a jack under the spindle to imitate the weight of the truck being on it. I didn’t think it should matter- pressure is pressure, right? I sprayed the fittings at the bag first, planning on starting there and working my way back. Nothing. Then I decided to spray the entire bag. Aha. It’s leaking around the top flange, where a mounting bolt is. That’s not supposed to even be possible due to the design. But it’s happening. These bags aren’t even 3 years old, I replaced them right after I bought the truck because the PO had installed 8” bags which rubbed the control arms and put a hole in one. I think it’s a manufacturing defect. Anyway they’re out of warranty so I called Slam Specialties and ordered one. It will be here Monday. I hope this ends this leak issue. It’s been driving me nuts since I have owned the truck. Before the new Airlift system it used to drop both fronts down overnight if I left it aired up because I only had a 4 valve setup so both fronts ran off one air line. I mean, I always air it out when I park it so it isn’t critical but if I drop it at a shop I need it to stay aired up while they work on it. Plus it’s just annoying to put so much work into new hard lines and a new air management system and see a slow leak.
Glad you found the leak Mark. What a PITA. Hope this addresses it once and for all.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sam. I’m still gonna try to get my $250 deposit back from Airlift on the manifold even though it doesn’t look like it was the problem. Hopefully they’ll just give it to me without a hassle.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I officially declare the air leak issue resolved. I replaced both front bags so now all 4 are brand new. Here’s the pressures over the last 24 hours. I attribute any differences to the temperature change between yesterday’s 92 when I originally aired it up to today’s 73. For the first time since I’ve owned this truck I can leave it aired up and it will stay. That was a hard leak to find. I would have found it sooner I think if it originally had 2 lines going to the front instead of one because it would have occurred to me that it was a bad bag I bought right after buying the truck instead of thinking it was a line. The entire front would go down with the original air management and then it was just the one side. And only if the weight of the truck was sitting on it. Shit.

69706F63-676E-4507-BE1A-AA527421AB21.jpeg ED1C3F0C-E36E-4EC3-931B-84BFA3A8CD68.jpeg 8A85546F-82F5-47EC-92D8-88A8EDC8D9DC.jpeg AEC0BF9D-5838-4236-8F70-B10ED8CD2943.jpeg 4E3552D9-0692-438B-A7B4-977D1D81729D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645