Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I already know the answer, but how do you feel about the exhaust exiting through the panel? I mean having professional body work done. Not those cheap trim pieces that you cut a hole, screw 'em down and route the pipe through that. I'm thinking more of an arch(es) formed into the very bottom in the area in front of the right rear wheel. Have the tip(s) come out there. It'd technically be under the panel rather than through it.

NOT this:

water1.jpg

Something like this, but way cleaner. Have the notch(es) match the tip(s):

dansX002.jpg
Even if I was ok with that, there’s no route for it due to my 4-links being right there as well as the crossmember that’s right behind the cab. I’ll see if I can find a pic. I would need dual exits anyway, I couldn’t do a single exit. That would drive me crazy to not have one on the other side. I thought about all this long ago as well as a way to get it out the rear, maybe through the bumper. I just have limited room due to the frame height, rear suspension components, air lines etc. You have to remember the links travel a long ways up and down- I barely had room between the limits of them to run a single hard air line through on either side at a point fairly close to their pivot point in the front. There’s no way an exhaust pipe would work.

8A14B3B8-6258-4819-AF7C-CEE3F77DB21E.jpeg 262F0F3E-2533-46D3-88EB-E72D471E2B68.jpeg C0791754-FF04-4DE8-AA21-F667B42EFF3C.jpeg 7ABFCF0C-0C5F-4413-920E-FF7AC4AEED47.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the Borla today and was able to temp it in place with the 3” downturn using clamps. It sounds pretty good so I’m gonna take it to a muffler shop and have them weld them in place and weld the hanger to it so it doesn’t bounce. The Borla is stainless and the rest is steel so I think it needs to be MIG welded?

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got the Borla today and was able to temp it in place with the 3” downturn using clamps. It sounds pretty good so I’m gonna take it to a muffler shop and have them weld them in place and weld the hanger to it so it doesn’t bounce. The Borla is stainless and the rest is steel so I think it needs to be MIG welded?

A mig can do that without issue.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have the leak at the RF figured out. The other day I left it aired up and popped the circuit breaker to the compressors (which tie into the main harness) and left it overnight. It lost no pressure. So I tried it again with the power to them turned on. It went to zero. In the RF only. Next night I popped the breaker and it did lost no pressure. Weird. Now, if I turn that power off the system doesn’t power up at all even though it has a wire that is switched with the ignition, so obviously the compressor power also is the main power to the manifold. There must be an internal short or something that’s causing the computer in the manifold to open the RF valve a tiny bit. But on another note, it doesn’t appear to be leaking out of the exhaust port itself which is another strange twist because if it IS opening the valve, that’s where it should be coming out of. AirLift doesn’t think it’s possible, never heard of this happening but they’re sending another manifold but needed a $250 deposit and if they can’t find anything wrong with it when they test it, I don’t get the deposit back. I do know I can’t find a leak so it makes sense to me that it’s leaking inside the manifold somehow. Might be an expensive mistake, idk. I’m out of other ideas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I haven’t heard a peep out of BT Diesel Works since I paid them $195 two weeks ago. I called and left a message. I emailed them. Nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442