Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisw_2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not interested in that much power for a daily. I have a hard enough time keeping fuel in the tank as it is. Do a build thread on it when you do, there’s only a few 1000 hp SUV’s here.
I will when I get the stuff figured out. Trying to figure out the pins for the auto 4wd so it can transfer over to the next transfer case since the 263 will need to be upgraded to the 6 pinion input and honestly at that point, if im going to rebuild it, I might as well just go to the mp3024 since it's also a auto 4wd push button and just bolts up to the 6l90. the 6l90 is the same length as the 4l60. Haven't found my hard drive with my copy of all data on it. this site is pretty good on somethings, but nothing on other things https://www.transmissiondigest.com/breaking-the-code-on-encoders/ Trying to find stuff online is pita and I just need to go through my storage and find the hard drive.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t done much with either truck for months other than drive them. I’ve been remodeling both bathrooms, kitchen and dining room. Today I hauled the remains to the dump. This was all the old tile, backer board and anything else that wasn’t clean burnable wood. I probably burned half a ton of that alone. I was in such a focus on that task this morning that I didn’t even think of getting pics. It’s our first 90* day and I needed to get it done early. I didn’t realize the weight would be this much- 3,240 pounds. 1/4 was loose tile, 1/2 was 40-50 lb garbage bags, 1/4 was old backer board sheets. I picked up the trailer at 8:00 and was done, trailer dropped off and home by noon. Not bad for a guy who’s about to turn 65. ;)

Oooh here’s proof doubters…IMG_7134.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized I moved 6,480 pounds this morning by hand. The yard cart was all I used, trailer had a ramp which was great for loading, and a *itch at the dump to unload that shit. I about passed out. Not really but I was nearing my limit. I got a bit of help at the end when they saw me struggling but that was it. Pretty much all me, ugh.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t done much with either truck for months other than drive them. I’ve been remodeling both bathrooms, kitchen and dining room. Today I hauled the remains to the dump. This was all the old tile, backer board and anything else that wasn’t clean burnable wood. I probably burned half a ton of that alone. I was in such a focus on that task this morning that I didn’t even think of getting pics. It’s our first 90* day and I needed to get it done early. I didn’t realize the weight would be this much- 3,240 pounds. 1/4 was loose tile, 1/2 was 40-50 lb garbage bags, 1/4 was old backer board sheets. I picked up the trailer at 8:00 and was done, trailer dropped off and home by noon. Not bad for a guy who’s about to turn 65. ;)

Oooh here’s proof doubters…View attachment 428097
HOLY CRAP $246? here that would have been $50.00 (weight wouldn't matter)

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized I moved 6,480 pounds this morning by hand. The yard cart was all I used, trailer had a ramp which was great for loading, and a *itch at the dump to unload that shit. I about passed out. Not really but I was nearing my limit. I got a bit of help at the end when they saw me struggling but that was it. Pretty much all me, ugh.
It’s amazing how much weight you can move and not realize until you see it on the scale. We use a f550 dump truck occasionally with a 15 yd roll off dumpster. Our full gut houses will fill that about 3 times. Usually a little over 10k lb by the end of the job, but I’m not moving that shit myself! lol.
Lucky, we’re at the same rate, about $145 a ton. Some yards make you pay a ton minimum too.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure? Been to the dump lately? Last time I went was about 2 years ago and a ton and a half back then cost me about $75. Obviously something changed. I was shocked but wtf. Shit ain’t getting cheaper, nor is getting rid of it. When’s the last time you hauled a ton or two to the dump?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure? Been to the dump lately? Last time I went was about 2 years ago and a ton and a half back then cost me about $75. Obviously something changed. I was shocked but wtf. Shit ain’t getting cheaper, nor is getting rid of it. When’s the last time you hauled a ton or two to the dump?
ya, i go to the dump probably every 6 months I was just there about a month ago, I do not take a trailer but I checked the pricing with a trailer
if the trailer load is at or below cab height it's $36, if it is above cab height $55
a regular pickup load that I normally take is $24
I have 10 palm tree's and they have to be cut about every 6 months or less and that is easily a full truck load
if it is commercial, like dump truck, etc the rate is $75 a ton
if the scales are down (commercial) it's $26 a cubic yard
where they get you here is tire's a large commercial tire is $468 like a loader tire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2012denali