Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Idk the pnp hids in those u bars probably be the same as the ones you got now. I vote stock Denali retro painted black and stock oem clear painted black

Congrats on the win. I’m gonna throw my hat in the ring this quarter

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk the pnp hids in those u bars probably be the same as the ones you got now. I vote stock Denali retro painted black and stock oem clear painted black

Congrats on the win. I’m gonna throw my hat in the ring this quarter
My current ones have smoked lenses so the u bars will be brighter with the same pnp kit and mine work good now. I’m not too concerned with output though, as long as it doesn’t go down from what I have now. And the u bars were ordered before my last post so that decision has already been made lol. Can’t wait to see your pic in the TOTQ.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Oh and how can I forget to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who voted for me in the Truck Of The Quarter for the 2nd quarter 2019 which just ended. I’m humbled that I won. I didn’t even know I was entered until late in the quarter. The Beast does have a certain undeniable appeal, even for a 17 year old truck. Thanks again guys. I’m honored.

Congrats, the Beast deserved it

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The headlights have been showing signs of wear plus I want some change. I’ve been contemplating going with replica Denali OEM and doing a retrofit since I feel there’s limited options for this truck. Then I remember @Sevenevez and the u-bar Anzo’s he found so I went back and looked at where he installed them. Thanks, Pete, I remember why I liked those. They give the front an upgrade that looks like it could be stock. I’m not sure if I’m going to go with a full retrofit or not. First I’ll see how good the PNP HID kit I have now works. Also undecided on is the corner lights. I’ll see how the black ones I have go with the Anzo’s. I really don’t want to copy EXACTLY what Pete did but that sure was a nice combo. We will see. Sometimes it’s ok to follow a guy with great taste.

View attachment 226184

I like the look, for sure. I need to go back and look at bulbs, though. The ones from Pete have output that is literally no existent. Lol. They are very blue, but I think that's really remedied. The housings and the ubars look awesome, for sure.

Oh and how can I forget to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who voted for me in the Truck Of The Quarter for the 2nd quarter 2019 which just ended. I’m humbled that I won. I didn’t even know I was entered until late in the quarter. The Beast does have a certain undeniable appeal, even for a 17 year old truck. Thanks again guys. I’m honored.

Well deserved. Congrats.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look, for sure. I need to go back and look at bulbs, though. The ones from Pete have output that is literally no existent. Lol. They are very blue, but I think that's really remedied. The housings and the ubars look awesome, for sure.

Yeah I saw where he wasn’t sure what temperature the bulbs were. Blue is no good except for looks, I know that. I’m guessing those are 10k. Mine are 5k, pretty much pure white. Do those have HID or not? I plan on seeing what they look like with my 55 watt kit and if the projectors suck, Ill swap them back out and do a retrofit.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yeah I saw where he wasn’t sure what temperature the bulbs were. Blue is no good except for looks, I know that. I’m guessing those are 10k. Mine are 5k, pretty much pure white. Do those have HID or not? I plan on seeing what they look like with my 55 watt kit and if the projectors suck, Ill swap them back out and do a retrofit.

I'm definitely interested because these are such that I try not to drive it after dark. I'm a 5000k fan, but can do 6000, which is much more common for straight led replacements.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2D638757-4821-43DF-96A5-225743F372E1.jpeg 6DC18E94-F326-417F-8E24-C4CD74770762.jpeg I installed the Anzo’s tonight. The fit is about the same as the Spyders which means a large gap at the top. I’m gonna try some fixes for that, I’ll update if I find a solution. The projectors actually look like decent quality and tonight I’ll check the output with my HID’s. Which now look like they don’t color match the rest of the lights. Damn. I spent forever getting that done, but I figured it would happen due to these not having smoked lenses. Still undecided on corner lights. I have a set of clear chrome ones that I might open up and paint to match the headlights.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 226409 View attachment 226410 I installed the Anzo’s tonight. The fit is about the same as the Spyders which means a large gap at the top. I’m gonna try some fixes for that, I’ll update if I find a solution. The projectors actually look like decent quality and tonight I’ll check the output with my HID’s. Which now look like they don’t color match the rest of the lights. Damn. I spent forever getting that done, but I figured it would happen due to these not having smoked lenses. Still undecided on corner lights. I have a set of clear chrome ones that I might open up and paint to match the headlights.
Looking good! Always good to see pics of the pup too. [emoji16][emoji106]

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
They look good. Wish you would ditch those amber drls and get matching switchbacks :fish_h4h:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 226409 View attachment 226410 I installed the Anzo’s tonight. The fit is about the same as the Spyders which means a large gap at the top. I’m gonna try some fixes for that, I’ll update if I find a solution. The projectors actually look like decent quality and tonight I’ll check the output with my HID’s. Which now look like they don’t color match the rest of the lights. Damn. I spent forever getting that done, but I figured it would happen due to these not having smoked lenses. Still undecided on corner lights. I have a set of clear chrome ones that I might open up and paint to match the headlights.

They look really good! Also if I remember correctly you can retro these using the same brackets as the stick denali headlight and use MH1 7.0 projectors. Same setup I have and love

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn