Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my brackets straight from CB&D ut if you want to get everything from 1 place I recommend light werkz. Great customer service and fast too.

https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/components/gmc-denali-mini-h1-bracket.html

That'll get you the brackets and projectors. I'd pick a good set of bulbs and ballasts and get the harness too. I have the Morimoto bulbs and 35w ballast but if I was to do it again I'd get the hilux ballast

Here's another link to get build the package. You dont need shrouds so get the free ones

https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-3-h1.html

And this is the link for CB&D brackets but looks like they are on vacation till August (I think its 1 guy or something like that)

https://custom-brackets-designs.myshopify.com/password

If I do it I’ll just use my existing bulbs and ballasts. They’ve been working fine for a couple years. I don’t want to spend any more on this than I have to. I’ll just need the projectors and brackets. I spent a ton on the retrofits, demon eyes and RGB when I did the Silverado so I know how it goes lol.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I do it I’ll just use my existing bulbs and ballasts. They’ve been working fine for a couple years. I don’t want to spend any more on this than I have to. I’ll just need the projectors and brackets. I spent a ton on the retrofits, demon eyes and RGB when I did the Silverado so I know how it goes lol.

Your current bulbs are h1?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the new corner lights today and of course the driver side one wouldn't stay clipped in. I don't know why but every one of these sets I've ever bought has this same issue- the plastic clip that's supposed to have some 'spring" to it doesn't work. So again I applied a heat gun and opened it up a bit so that when I snap it in, it holds.

IMG_9297.JPG IMG_9298.JPG IMG_9300.JPG IMG_9301.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed, they match the Anzo's pretty good. They're flat black housings with clear lenses. If I was to do anything as far as baking them open, I'd probably either leave the corners as is and remove the orange reflectors and paint the chrome part inside the headlights, or open them all up and PTM in Pewter. I still haven't even seen the projectors at night so I'm still undecided on retrofits. But that can be done without opening them up. I think they look pretty good as is but I still need to check the output. Tonight.IMG_9302.JPG IMG_9304.JPG IMG_9305.JPG IMG_9307.JPG

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed, they match the Anzo's pretty good. They're flat black housings with clear lenses. If I was to do anything as far as baking them open, I'd probably either leave the corners as is and remove the orange reflectors and paint the chrome part inside the headlights, or open them all up and PTM in Pewter. I still haven't even seen the projectors at night so I'm still undecided on retrofits. But that can be done without opening them up. I think they look pretty good as is but I still need to check the output. Tonight.View attachment 226649 View attachment 226650 View attachment 226651 View attachment 226652

Those look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look great

Thanks. So last night I tried them out. They were adjusted so far down that they were useless until I adjusted them up. Then they were just as bright, maybe a bit more due to clear lenses, than the Spyders I took off. But I’m pretty sure that I’m gonna go ahead and retrofit them. Probably get Morimoto bulbs and ballasts too. It’s just money lol.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So last night I tried them out. They were adjusted so far down that they were useless until I adjusted them up. Then they were just as bright, maybe a bit more due to clear lenses, than the Spyders I took off. But I’m pretty sure that I’m gonna go ahead and retrofit them. Probably get Morimoto bulbs and ballasts too. It’s just money lol.

No problem, I’ve done that before too lol, and those will look great with a retrofit, I’d love to retrofit the Escalade headlights but nobody has really ever done a NBS one before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos