Retrofit Headlight opinion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy OEM headlights. I bought the Eagle Eyes headlights for my Yukon which are supposedly good ONLY because I was doing a projector retrofit and didn't want to risk breaking new GM lights and I haven't had them in the truck a year and the lenses are already failing on the top and the truck has been waxed and/or ceramic coated since I installed them. So now I've got to do it again soon. Waste of time and money.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave them as is with chrome shrouds. Gotta try to keep them stock as possible since technically retrofits arent street legal and some sate inspections can get really **** about them.

I have the morimoto 5000k in mine and i like the color. Im probably going to upgrade to the xenon depot xtr bulbs. TRS did a comparison and they put out another couple hundred lux.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Leave them as is with chrome shrouds. Gotta try to keep them stock as possible since technically retrofits arent street legal and some sate inspections can get really **** about them.

I have the morimoto 5000k in mine and i like the color. Im probably going to upgrade to the xenon depot xtr bulbs. TRS did a comparison and they put out another couple hundred lux.

I'm in Florida, the land of the free, we don't have no stinking inspections.... lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Florida, the land of the free, we don't have no stinking inspections.... lol
It’s interesting. California is strict on SO many things, but I’ve never had an inspection done on ANY of my vehicles to ever get tags renewed or to get smogged. lol. I think one time i had it smogged down off the mountain cuz it was a necessity and he may have visually inspected the underside. But everything was stock so it didn’t matter. But my shop up here I know doesn’t do any inspection other than just hooking up to the emissions machine.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
It’s interesting. California is strict on SO many things, but I’ve never had an inspection done on ANY of my vehicles to ever get tags renewed or to get smogged. lol. I think one time i had it smogged down off the mountain cuz it was a necessity and he may have visually inspected the underside. But everything was stock so it didn’t matter. But my shop up here I know doesn’t do any inspection other than just hooking up to the emissions machine.

Cali has some very beautiful parts but I wouldn't want to live there. I used to hate driving tractor trailer through there, stupid state wide 55 mph among other things.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cali has some very beautiful parts but I wouldn't want to live there. I used to hate driving tractor trailer through there, stupid state wide 55 mph among other things.
Yeah.... towing sucks on highways and freeways with the stupid 55mph rule. Lol. It was never an issue for me until 2018 when our family friend decided to store her boat for the winter months down in Orange County off the mountain, instead of paying the $2500 storage fee that the marina started charging for winter storage...
and she’s like “well now that I have a parking spot for it down here, you can tow it down and then back up in the spring for me right?!” I like sure.... and then when it came time to do it, I realized I’d only ever towed a trailer around big bear. I was like “oh crap I deal with towing on the mountain roads and now freeways....” it was a learning experience that’s for sure. Lol. I learned pretty quickly to just keep pace with the big rigs on the freeways. Most of them do about 65. I found that worked like a charm. Lol. And now it doesn’t bother me at all and I do it with ease... haha

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't do the all black with black shrouds. I did that with my yukon and with the lights on it just looked stupid with such a big truck and a small light coming out of it. I left the headlights stock but used a small shroud that leaked our some of the light so it filled the whole reflector

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Whoa, did you and Rip Van Winkle just wake up from a 100 nap? In the armed services there’s a solution for posts like yours, it’s called a blanket party.

Not sure if you’ll defend yourself, bow out as telling a bad joke or apologize.

zwhU_u3m_400x400.jpg

Uncle Ben Approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Whoa, did you and Rip Van Winkle just wake up from a 100 nap? In the armed services there’s a solution for posts like yours, it’s called a blanket party.

Not sure if you’ll defend yourself, bow out as telling a bad joke or apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't get it. :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted