Retired 2019 PPV Tahoe. Rear windows inoperable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1968cst

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought (3) retired 2019 PPV Tahoe's.
Rear windows will not roll down from the rear switches.
Rear switches are connected and looked in the pillars and everything is connected there too.
Window switches on driver's front door are all connected.
Windows do roll up and down from the driver's switch.
All fuses are good.
Any ideas?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought (3) retired 2019 PPV Tahoe's.
Rear windows will not roll down from the rear switches.
Rear switches are connected and looked in the pillars and everything is connected there too.
Window switches on driver's front door are all connected.
Windows do roll up and down from the driver's switch.
All fuses are good.
Any ideas?
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Moved you here from 2021+section.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My 2015 was a K9 truck, so they had butchered the wiring in the rear doors to splice in a remote setup so they could lower the windows if the dog got too hot. I fixed the wiring back to factory, installed rear door panels, etc.

I exhausted this with a former GM district service rep that worked for my company, who had access to the GM system still.

Basically you need to go to the dealer and have them call the programming folks at GMHQ, who need to write you a BCM program for your VIN that enables the rear windows. Its only supposed to cost $100 for the program, plus whatever they charge you to reflash the BCM

I haven't done mine yet, so YMMV

Fester513

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same boat here with my 2017 Tahoe PPV. Window switches in rear side doors do nothing. Inner door latch cables removed. I ordered cables, but GM strike affecting shipment. Will dive more into why the switches aren't working this coming week.

Fester513

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same boat here with my 2017 Tahoe PPV. Window switches in rear side doors do nothing. Inner door latch cables removed. I ordered cables, but GM strike affecting shipment. Will dive more into why the switches aren't working this coming week.
My back side door inner latch cables were disconnected from the latch handles and tucked in down by the side of the window with electrical tape on the unconnected end.

kestut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try this.....If you remove the switch and take it apart, you will find a silicone 'membrane', like a membrane computer keyboard has. I think it is flipped over to render it inoperable, so you need to flip it back.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 2019 PPV, it looks like the SEO option 6N5 (SWITCHES – REAR WINDOW INOPERATIVE) makes the rear door windows inoperable at the door switch. Check your SPID label, possibly on the glove box door. IIRC, that will require a BCM update to remedy.

ew1046

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try this.....If you remove the switch and take it apart, you will find a silicone 'membrane', like a membrane computer keyboard has. I think it is flipped over to render it inoperable, so you need to flip it back.
My 2016 Tahoe PPV rear window switches feel really stiff. Either they are dummy switches or something is jammed inside to prevent the rear windows from operating. Controls from the drivers side work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10