Replacement motor questions but hopefully fixable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
Looks pretty bad to me.
I’m actually happy to hear that. I have no basis for comparison but I was just expecting the lobe in question to be noticeably (to me) worn down. However maybe this was enough to not actuate the exhaust valve and cause the miss on #4. I’m just hopeful that by getting everything cleaned up and new parts put back together that it will run.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cam doesn’t look at bad as I thought it would. Wondering now if this indeed was the problem.
The good news is it had to come out, so it isn't work in vain. Occam would say there is a pretty high probability the lifter (and damage it did to the cam lobe) was causing your miss.

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
The good news is it had to come out, so it isn't work in vain. Occam would say there is a pretty high probability the lifter (and damage it did to the cam lobe) was causing your miss.
True. It’s more than coincidence that the miss was on the same cylinder that had the lifter damage.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. It’s more than coincidence that the miss was on the same cylinder that had the lifter damage.
Let's hope so, although fixing a miss should be pretty straight forward if you know the mechanicals are all straighten out.

Did you decide to have your injectors tested and cleaned?

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
Let's hope so, although fixing a miss should be pretty straight forward if you know the mechanicals are all straighten out.

Did you decide to have your injectors tested and cleaned?
I called around to a few local shops and no one did injector testing. I bought a rebuild kit with new injector screens and o rings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA