Replacement motor questions but hopefully fixable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
Can we back up a minute?

I understand you swapped coils, but did you verify spark was actually going across the strap at the spark plug?

Other than a collapsed lifter, you have ruled out pretty much everything else. So now it's a matter of verifying the result.
How would you verify the spark?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably as easy as sticking a screwdriver in the spark plug wire and grounding it against metal, then cranking it.
Correction, grounding it near metal, and having someone crank the engine while you watch for spark. If it's on the metal, you won't see the spark. You want to see a bright blue spark.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we back up a minute?

I understand you swapped coils, but did you verify spark was actually going across the strap at the spark plug?

Other than a collapsed lifter, you have ruled out pretty much everything else. So now it's a matter of verifying the result.
He pulled the valve cover and verified the rockers are operating properly.

OP
OP
rockdogz

rockdogz

Reaction score
You mean #4?

#2 isn't an AFM lifter, like you have in your hand.

Is it collapsed?

Edit: and, yes, it IS a problem, if not THE problem... :(
Yes sorry I meant 4. It’s not collapsed so I’m suspecting it ate the cam lobe since I can’t think of another explanation. Going to inspect it next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87