Replace 5.3 l59 with this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
Waiting for bolts. Shipped the fourth should be here the eleventh. Also waiting for trunnion kit. Should be shipped the 18th. Back order. Everybody with time on their hands Has been doing upgrades or maintenance on their rigs. Slow. But it was my fault in the first place. I want to get one head on then rockers to measure for new pushrods. By the time I order new pushrods they should show up the same time as rebuild trunnion kit.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How far is the tuner?

It may be possible to drive it there, but after all this work do you want to play the odds on if it will survive or not?

How good are you with computers and such? You could download LSDroid then see if you can find a close enough tune to put on your ecm to get you running then go to the tuner.
But that just an idea

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
I probably have to go 70 miles. Terrible at gambling. Used to be a dB manager and g.i.s. Guy . Have no idea how to program puter on car. I do have diagnostic to pull codes, basic gizmo. I imagine you load through the same port. I look it up and go from there. Thanks man, appreciate it.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have Facebook look up Pete Sontag or the LS Droid group and do some reading.
Ive figured out how to do basic things like reducing torque management and play with timing.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Looks like the cable is the big thing. But will read Pete Sontag stuff, right now I’m dealing with a broken exhaust bolt in the head. Installed one head and measured for pushrods. Moved to broken bolt been soaking with pb ( no iamdub it’s not peanut butter) drilled out for easy out, but you guessed it , it broke off. It’s at machine shop , maybe in the market for a head l59 ,flex 5.3 ls where the head bolts are just two sizes. Geez .

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Blew like crazy here. 70 mph. Down trees pull lines down. Running generator between house and well.
But for good news I got head back and all ok. Ordered pushrods, trunnion kit Tuesday , 2 nd day air. For p rods.

F9324924-D0F5-4C9A-9D22-3B466CDB1126.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645