Rear liftgate ground illumination light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. New AT4 with 2,500 miles on it. GMC Logo for rear hatch looks terrible. two weeks ago it looked perfect shining on the ground. I hope the mirror lights don't do the same thing. I also had water in the channel around the sunroof -when I opened my sunroof the other day. the Screen that pops up for wind was wet and water flew everywhere inside. Anyone had a problem link that?
I haven't noticed that screen wet but we already had our XL back to the dealer for warranty repair after finding a ton of water on the driver side floorboard at 3000 miles. Was pretty well hidden under the weathertech mats but the carpet was absolutely soaked and starting to mold. There's a TSB about sunroof drain tubes being too short from the factory. Not sure if that's your situation but the sunroof drain tubes are a known issue on these.

motodude248

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my wife's Z71. The bow tie was clear as day. Went through a drive through car was and now it just looks like a round like. Can't even tell there is supposed to be a bow tie in the light anymore. Sounds like we are going to have to have the dealer order a new light kit as well.

gbirk7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer is ordering new GMC Light that shines under rear tailgate to allow handsfree open. Also had them look at Water spraying in when the sunroof is opened due to wet Wind deflector. They said it was twice as big as previous models, it is bigger but that doesn't explain front passengers getting sprayed with water. I gave them the Technical Service Bulletin 20NA219 about drains needing to be extended, but that said they weren't aware of that and would check into it (I Printed the entire thing out for the repair and parts with pictures) Looks like I will have to take it in myself next time.

the understudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone else had their GMC or Chevy (I guess Tahoe has a chevy emblem) logo light that shows you where to kick your foot start to look like this? I just noticed it a couple days ago, it was fine before then. Mine is about 9 weeks old with 1700 miles on it. The lens cover on the lamp under the bumper feels like it has a soft gel like covering on it and I'm guessing it's become pitted?

Has anyone else had theirs start to look weird, and do they all have this soft covering over the projector lamp?

View attachment 260720 View attachment 260721
Mine didn't look like that but the logo was completely gone after about 6k. Dealer replaced it under warranty and its been fine since. Probably just the logo cap fell off of mine.

lovelle40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine has done it also, dealer is replacing it tomorrow.
Looks like a on-going problem, may need a design change.
20220112_154905.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman

Latest posts