Check Brake Lamp message - LED related

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkon412

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been reading through the Tahoe LED threads and wondering if anyone is getting a "Check Brake Lamp" message after installing aftermarket LEDs?

I just took my Tahoe in for service for this very reason and the service tech is telling me the "Check Brake Lamp" is coming up b/c the previous owner installed aftermarket LED bulbs, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with anyone else that's made this upgrade. Trying to get some advice here to see if I should try another another shop, or if anyone has encountered this or knows how to fix it. Aside from the "Check Brake Lamps" light coming up every time I start the car, the brake lights work fine and look great. FYI, mine is 2022 Z71

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads about these. You will need to add resistors to the lights to prevent the error. There are a few videos on how to remove the tail light assembly and the project is not that difficult. Still not sure why gm didnt put led bulbs in to start with on these expensive monster that are mostly pure profit machines for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan