Rear cargo hatch jamb switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattcheffin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, and thanks in advance for any help. I have a 1999 Tahoe very base model (sealed beam headlights even) 2dr, 4x4, barn door rear hatch that was originally purchased in 1998. I have been trying to track down the source of the dome always on problem. I have replaced the two door jamb switches up front, and the Interior Lamp Control Module turns them off after a few seconds correctly when the Dome light Override Switch is toggled off then back on. The rear cargo hatch jamb switch seems to be my next target, but I’m wondering if anyone knows why there are 5 plungers, four of which have contacts on the door. Which one is for the lamp control? There is no dash light to indicate door ajar that I have seen in this truck, and I have little electric testing knowledge so this has been a real chore. I couldn’t believe how they buried the Interior Lamp Control Module, it took me quite a while just to find it and I hope I don’t have to figure out how to access it to replace.

It’s a beauty!

DADECF56-7B08-415D-88AA-D8614274B388.jpeg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the tailgate so I couldn’t compare, but the rear defrost contacts are part of that. I’d guess that the one that either pushes in or pushes something else in is the door switch.

30e012b1061df55f452ecf0ad1a62527.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore