raptor liner instead of paint ?.?.?.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now there's two kinds of liner,box is the ruff rock hard stuff.The other is more rubbery.Which is the Raptor?

J-KTM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my opinion,

I have also considered this for my truck and my Yukon. I live in a area that uses salt, sand and chemicals to keep ice off the road. That means if you drive in the winter here your truck is doomed no matter how clean you keep it. I agree that when I see a vehicle that had this done and it can make me think they are just covering up rust. Having said that you could properly prep it, sand it down and still raptor line it. You would just have less finish work for raptor liner as opposed to painting. You can get the raptor liner tinted with your color and the kits come with proper spray guns. Check out some guys on you tube that have done it. I have thought about it for sure. Sure if you use a brush or roller and hack it up the body it will look like garbage. Also I have heard comments about added weight. I really think this is a non-issue. It has a heavy look for sure but if you consider the weight of a can of paint to the weight of a can of raptor liner the difference is minor. It's definately not for everyone but I think if done properly, it is a great way to go.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it can look good, but has to be done right. I figure a lot of folks expect it to cover up imperfections, and expect it to look good without proper preparation, and I’m sure we’ve all seen the horrible, and permanent results of that theory.

Personally, I’d only do it on a dedicated trail rig type vehicle, not a daily. But that’s just my opinion. I think it’s the perfect solution for trails, where you don’t have to worry about tree branches skinning your paint, etc.. I’m also curious.. it seems to me that it would be a lot harder to actually get clean, once you have dug in the mud, etc.., due to the non-slippery / polished surface. Just seems like it would hold onto dirt a lot more than regular paint, but I’m not speaking from experience here.

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,

A regular repaint was 4 grand quoted by the two shops that do it around here. Spent 850 got it raptor lined with 3 coats of the liner. It was sanded and prepped then sprayed. Mine was done right. We live out in the boonies, there is alot of mud when it rains, lots of trees, and snowy roads in winter. I just wanted a tough as nails finish and that's what I got. To each his own. I love it. It's not hard to clean really no more so that anything else I've cleaned.

Another cool feature is that you can mix whatever color paint with it and once you get the desired color you're looking for then you can spray it on. I really considered od green or the tan that the Toyota Tacomas are now like flat dark earth color but settled on charcoal Grey color.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts