Question for those that have the Rear Media/Entertainment Package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

straightg8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Phone hotspot works fine, fire stick, roku, etc don’t know the difference, it’s just a Wi-Fi signal to it.
So using the phone hotspot, then both phone and Roku are connected to the truck's wifi as an ad-hoc connection, is that the configuration?

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So using the phone hotspot, then both phone and Roku are connected to the truck's wifi as an ad-hoc connection, is that the configuration?
I connect our Rokus directly to the phones hotspot Wi-Fi, select HDMI input on the screen and they use the roku remote to pick YouTube, Prime, Netflix, whatever they want.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is our setup. Thinking of actually getting the Roku Ultra instead even though overkill for the application but the Ultra connect via HDMI cable vs being a stick so it could be mounted to the side of the console more out of the way. I do worry that the kids will kick this setup when moving to the third row or something will shift on the floor and knock them. Or I guess I could just use an HDMI extender cable to move the stick to the side too.

4FCE8671-103C-48EE-A2A5-DC6B66669BCB.jpeg

GMarrZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 258861

Great minds think alike. I also bought the 90 degree USB-C adapter: https://amzn.to/2HHMY9Z
And a short cable: https://amzn.to/3jqjACU

Just a heads up with the HDMI adapters. They are 2 different adapters, facing different directions. In other words, even though it's a 2-pack, you can only use one of them.
Hi guys I know this is an older thread but you are so on top of this I wanted to circle back in the photo above .. have a 2021 z71 Tahoe and just ordered 2 fire sticks for the back… do I need. It the 2 pack of HDMI adaptors or can I just use the short cable? The fire stick needs an additional
Adaptor or can it just plug into the back USB port?

Packitup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One fire stick will play on both screens. Just need one HDMI adapter with one fire stick. Then you'll power the fire stick with the usb-c port.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this genuine Apple adapter and so far along with any generic HDMI cable, it seems to work fabulously. Plays anything straight off your iPad or iPhone. YouTube, Amazon prime, so far works on anything we have tried. Has to be the genuine Apple connector and is not cheap, but no substitutes, and it seems pretty good on its maiden voyage....View attachment 280777
So I picked up an Apple cord as listed above and brand new HMDI cord and it doesn't work???

It's a 2021 and everything I read and watch says this setup should work but.......nothing!!

I've tried two different Iphones, an Ipad and even tried plugging a laptop directly into the HDMI and nothing works? The HDMI icon on the RSE screen does not change color or status. Also tried both ports, all the ways mentioned and nothing????

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu