Pulled the trigger on a used 2022 High Country today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a stock wheel kind of guy and very much dislike 95% of the aftermarket offerings but I'm in full agreeance with you about those stock high country wheels being quite ugly...
They definitely have a cheap “hub cap” look to them.

OP
OP
ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
I'm a stock wheel kind of guy and very much dislike 95% of the aftermarket offerings but I'm in full agreeance with you about those stock high country wheels being quite ugly...
Worst I’ve seen on a vehicle of this caliber. Plastic inserts, seriously… why didn’t we just get hubcaps at that point.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst I’ve seen on a vehicle of this caliber. Plastic inserts, seriously… why didn’t we just get hubcaps at that point.
These rims are what came stock on my new Silverado HC that’s in transit with the deluxe package. I had no choice of anything else, there’s 1 kind of black 22” rim I could get but I don’t want black and there was zero 22” chrome rims available other than the cheap hub cap 22”

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap! That's $30k more than it cost us to build our house.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, you aren't building much of a house these days for $60k....must have been quite a while ago.
WE built our house. We didn't have one built. Even when I was charging $140 and hour for my time spending that much seems inconceivable. Hope it treats you well.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, you aren't building much of a house these days for $60k....must have been quite a while ago.
Exactly, you can't even buy materials for an 1800 sq ft house for under $100K around here....

JGinLA

Reaction score
We’ve been using a cooler
Going from a '16 Yukon to a '22 Tahoe we gained enough room to keep an Iceco JP42 ref/freezer/cooler behind the third row. We also have an Engel ref/freezer between the second row seats. The 110 AC receptacles handle the converters and 12v plugs without any modification. I lined the bottom of the Iceco with small water bottles, poured in enough water to cover them and freeze it overnight on house current before a trip. The bottles prevent sloshing after it thaws out.

OP
OP
ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
Exactly, you can't even buy materials for an 1800 sq ft house for under $100K around here....
Seriously. I’m a PM for a residential home builder, granted very high end luxury, but still construction none the less. Lumber went up around 40-60% again this January, after going up 100% over the course of 2021. You might have built your own home for $60k in the 90’s but good luck doing that today.
Going from a '16 Yukon to a '22 Tahoe we gained enough room to keep an Iceco JP42 ref/freezer/cooler behind the third row. We also have an Engel ref/freezer between the second row seats. The 110 AC receptacles handle the converters and 12v plugs without any modification. I lined the bottom of the Iceco with small water bottles, poured in enough water to cover them and freeze it overnight on house current before a trip. The bottles prevent sloshing after it thaws out.
That was in our truck. Previously we had a minivan and kept the cooler in the back of that as well and it worked much better because it was inside of the vehicle and not in the bed. Even the good coolers struggle here when it’s 120* in direct sunlight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17