Used Tahoe High Country or new Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 2021 6.2 high country with all options I was looking for. Trailer Brake Controller, Sunroof, Entertainment, etc. Basically everything for 77k, 23k miles.

I actually would rather go with the 5.3 for better gas mileage but due to the shortage it’s hard to find a Premier with it.

Then, I figured that for the same priece or even 9k less I could get a new 2022 Yukon SLT with the 5.3. and Tow Package but not with the entertainment system. GMC says a dealer close to me has such a vehicle in transit. Whatever that means

For 83k I found a used 2021 Denali with 25k miles but without tow package and the entertainment system

Now I‘m wondering if I should rather make compromises on some extras but get a 2022 SLT or spend a few thousand more to get the better looking Denali instead the High Country with all options.

I‘m very much confused right now and can’t really decide what to do.

Thoughts?

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Then, I figured that for the same priece or even 9k less I could get a new 2022 Yukon SLT with the 5.3. and Tow Package but not with the entertainment system. GMC says a dealer close to me has such a vehicle in transit. Whatever that means
I’d do this in a heartbeat lol. $9k less and you’re getting a brand new car! Plus who knows how those 23k miles were put on the car (maybe someone drove it like it was a rental car). Honestly I don’t know why more people just don’t put in their own rear seat entertainment setup! Does the TV really need to be built into the back of the headrest? For $3k you can buy 2 better and larger tablet/screens that can fir under the headrest and can be controlled from your phone or another device. Plus when the kids are older they hold the tablet themselves and do more stuff.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would go with the brand new option for that kind of money. Our ‘21 SLT was $77k though so you might want to double check with that dealer what kind of markup they’re tacking onto the msrp. In the end might not be saving $9k over the used ones

terptahoe

Reaction score
I started a similar thread a few weeks back if you search Denali vs SLT. Couldn’t decided whether to order a minimally optioned Denali or a well optioned SLT. i went and test drove both (used on same lot). I ended up ordering an SLT. For me there were no crucial features missing on the SLT that I could only get on Denali. Yes aesthetically the Denali has a slight leg up. But you can put 22s on the SLT and even swap the grill out if that’s important but in person I thought it looked real nice. The high country interior is probably a touch nicer but not by much in my opinion. I also vote get the new SLT if it’s available and going for MSRP (or less)

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 2021 6.2 high country with all options I was looking for. Trailer Brake Controller, Sunroof, Entertainment, etc. Basically everything for 77k, 23k miles.

I actually would rather go with the 5.3 for better gas mileage but due to the shortage it’s hard to find a Premier with it.

For 83k I found a used 2021 Denali with 25k miles but without tow package and the entertainment system

Now I‘m wondering if I should rather make compromises on some extras but get a 2022 SLT or spend a few thousand more to get the better looking Denali instead the High Country with all options.

Thoughts?
Or there’s this one...has 5.3 26,000 miles

Attachments

• ADED0FB5-EB3E-43D0-B403-ADEB0BD81A0C.jpeg
    ADED0FB5-EB3E-43D0-B403-ADEB0BD81A0C.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 16

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thoughts?
For the kind of money you'll be spending I would get exactly what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87