2022 High Country Tahoe - Won’t start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite annoying. Never had a car with limitations on how often remote start can be used. C'mon GM, get it together.
Every vehicle I have owned w/ remote start (both GM's and Honda's) limit the time on remote start, and limit the number of instances you can start it remotely before using the key to do an actual start. It is not just a GM thing.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Every vehicle I have owned w/ remote start (both GM's and Honda's) limit the time on remote start, and limit the number of instances you can start it remotely before using the key to do an actual start. It is not just a GM thing.

It’s definitely not a Toyota thing. I used to remote start my 4Runner and brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. Regardless of time restraints, I shouldn’t (and neither should anyone else) be dealing with this.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite annoying. Never had a car with limitations on how often remote start can be used. C'mon GM, get it together.
Both my 11 acadia and 16 canyon have a timeout feature on them. Can remote start twice before an actual keyed start needs to be done. Also each time it remote starts it is a 10 minute run cycle before shutting off. Its how they have done it, and its not an issue.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to have a vehicle idleing longer than 20 or 30 mins???

Seems like a waste to me and the high probability that Jimmy will forget and leave it on for hours on end…

I get a diesel but a gas???

22CTHC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2023s are having this issue? Just had it happen a third time today and was stranded with my 2 month old baby in the car. I’m so done with this car. I called GM and told them I want out of my lease. The dealership’s service departments Keep telling me there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely not a Toyota thing. I used to remote start my 4Runner and brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. Regardless of time restraints, I shouldn’t (and neither should anyone else) be dealing with this.
They are going to start charging for this option. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/toyota-remote-start-digital-pay-subscription/ Here is link that says it should turn off maybe yours isn't working properly but work for you. https://www.communitytoyota.com/toyota-remote-start-faq/

Last edited: