2022 High Country Tahoe - Won’t start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Purchased a 2022 High country Tahoe in December. It has 1076 miles on it and I love it. Unfortunately, I remote start it and when I get in and press START, it won’t. Then the check engine light comes on as well. This is the second time it’s happened in a week. The dealership is going to have their service department look at it, but not available to do so until the 23rd.

Curious if anyone else has had this issue? For $83k I feel like I shouldn’t be dealing with this at only six months old.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, on the Tahoe FB page quite a few owners had this issue after using their remote start. Allow about 30 minutes or so and try to start again..dealer has an update for that.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, on the Tahoe FB page quite a few owners had this issue after using their remote start. Allow about 30 minutes or so and try to start again..dealer has an update for that.
It starts again but now the check engine light is on. This happened last week as well. Is this something that will be a thing for Tahoe owners, where the dealer has an update for something and we have to find out the hard way?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yaww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased a 2022 High country Tahoe in December. It has 1076 miles on it and I love it. Unfortunately, I remote start it and when I get in and press START, it won’t. Then the check engine light comes on as well. This is the second time it’s happened in a week. The dealership is going to have their service department look at it, but not available to do so until the 23rd.

Curious if anyone else has had this issue? For $83k I feel like I shouldn’t be dealing with this at only six months old.
Not sure how long did you run it, but I saw this in the manual if it helps:

Remote start can be used for up to
30 minutes of total engine run time.
After two remote starts of 15 minutes,
or multiple shorter time starts totaling
30 minutes have been used, the vehicle
must be started and then turned off before
the remote start can be used again.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Quite annoying. Never had a car with limitations on how often remote start can be used. C'mon GM, get it together.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score

About 2 minutes. It’s an issue for all 22’s, GMC Yukons included.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Quite annoying. Never had a car with limitations on how often remote start can be used. C'mon GM, get it together.

I agree completely. That’s why I say for $83k I shouldn’t have to sit with a timer on how long the remote start was used and how frequent. Regardless, it was only about 2 minutes at most. I remote started as I was walking out the front door.