proactive instead of reactive - another AFM delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ain't know dat. I think I just put the blue ones in mine earlier this year when I did my rockers and those grommets. At least, that's the same part number of Fel-Pro kit I used. I just went to check and, either I can't see the gaskets or they're black cuz I can't see any blue. Oh well. At least they're an easy swap if they leak.
Just keep an eye on them no biggie luv ya. My old heap has so many miles and blow by it’s not helping things in that regard. ❤️

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my BS detector rang when the description mentioned the word "style" and then I ran that part number across multiple GM websites and Summit Racing and came up with nothing.

LS7 lifters are good for street engines that don't see a lot of lift or tons of rpms.

GM Performance lifters have a bowtie emblem on them and they run to 8,000+ rpms with 500+ pounds of open spring pressure.

Ok, did some more googling, the 25341990 LS7 "Style" lifter part number is the number for a set of 16 and not individual. These are genuine GM lifters but I do not know their specs or application. Found them on Amazon of all places with photos of the box and part number.

I'm running the 12648846 lifters, don't know their specs either but they have lived to 6000 rpms so far (60K miles).
@swathdiver I will report back on how they do, I am pretty sure I got the Delphi LS7 style lifters from Texas Speed Performance when I replaced mine.

OP
OP
cplurbz

cplurbz

Reaction score
Ok, did some more googling, the 25341990 LS7 "Style" lifter part number is the number for a set of 16 and not individual. These are genuine GM lifters but I do not know their specs or application. Found them on Amazon of all places with photos of the box and part number.

I'm running the 12648846 lifters, don't know their specs either but they have lived to 6000 rpms so far (60K miles).
oh yea, well are you cool enough to run summit brand lifters? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-htlskit2#overview

hahah, jesus. for such an important part of the build, everyone and their damn dog offers some kind of lifter.

even went to the website on the video you posted "we dont sell it" well they do sell Cam Motion for 200...whom ive never heard of.

why is it always the damn part that you dont think would be the point of contention seem to always turnout to be just that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea, well are you cool enough to run summit brand lifters? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-htlskit2#overview

hahah, jesus. for such an important part of the build, everyone and their damn dog offers some kind of lifter.

even went to the website on the video you posted "we dont sell it" well they do sell Cam Motion for 200...whom ive never heard of.

why is it always the damn part that you dont think would be the point of contention seem to always turnout to be just that.
Nope. Not unless I knew the GM part numbers or who the GM OE supplier is. For example, we know that Timken made our hubs so I have no problem using a Timken hub over one in a GM box.

Cam Motion is a very popular company, they make great camshafts and also supply the cores for or do the grinding for many company's offerings.

OP
OP
cplurbz

cplurbz

Reaction score
Nope. Not unless I knew the GM part numbers or who the GM OE supplier is. For example, we know that Timken made our hubs so I have no problem using a Timken hub over one in a GM box.

Cam Motion is a very popular company, they make great camshafts and also supply the cores for or do the grinding for many company's offerings.
hmmm, very well. im gonna end up callin a few of these people and weigh out what their opinions are about the stuff theyre peddling.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lifters I used were cam motion brand. I bought my cam and lifters from Gwatney Performance..
OF course that was a year ago this week. SO I don't know what they have now.. They are a GM Dealer so
you can get GM OE parts too

OP
OP
cplurbz

cplurbz

Reaction score
aight, couldnt find a number for GPI. they have a message center but id rather not. TSP did and they were...less than enthused to talk to a random **** retentive moron about anything, cant blame them. the trays are legit. they recommend their $800 johnson 2110r lifters of course.

and just my idle curiosity asked why only offer an LM7 cam when its specs were different then a stock cam LMG without AFM. "cause its cheaper"...fair enough.

probably just buy the perfromace lifters off GPI cause they got a black friday goin on. already ordered the L33 from gm parts direct.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cplurbz For what its worth, the delphi LS7 style lifters seem good to me. All of the parts that came in my Texas Speed AFM delete kit seemed good quality, the lifter trays were legit and nice and tight and held the lifters very snug. They tried to sell me on the LM7 cam but I came here and did my own research and yea the L33 seems to be the move. More details can be found in my signature.

One thing I wanted to mention to you is to get a new camshaft thrust plate when you swap your cam. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinf...DTBk/JheYvQi7qzLHZo1bO3SXL198QDpNfzCBui0s+RM=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick