proactive instead of reactive - another AFM delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cplurbz

cplurbz

Reaction score
Manual swap has been done in a few GMT800s. @Dantheman1540 has one.

I know a T56 (and the like) has been done in GMT900 trucks, but I don't know of any SUVs ("wagons"). I'd find a center console from another vehicle or mod mine to make the shifter work. That'd be the least of my worries. I'm pretty sure that, with the aftermarket support of the T56 (and TR6060), a shifter relocation can be sorted out.

its just a pipe dream anyway cause yea the inside would be the easy part. i just miss my firebird is all.

OP
OP
cplurbz

cplurbz

Reaction score
@cplurbz On the valve cover gaskets I would skip the blue fel pro's and go with GM OE. Just ordered a set of mine to replace the fel pro's I installed 2 years ago and are leaking already. I just ordered a set of GM off Amazon today as a matter of fact. I was told by a reputable local fleet truck repair shop that this is a known issue with the fel pros.

ok ill track down an OE set then. thanks bud.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hold out for real LS7 lifters, accepting no substitutes. Other than that, the stock ones are just fine for 6,500 rpms.

748UU for the OE spark plug wires. My daughter wanted red wires for her truck so we bought SUM-867828R from Summit and they are just fine.

As for the engine oil pump, use 12710303 for your iron block LMG or LY5.
@swathdiver What is the difference between Delphi LS7 style lifters and "real" LS7 lifters

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cplurbz On the valve cover gaskets I would skip the blue fel pro's and go with GM OE. Just ordered a set of mine to replace the fel pro's I installed 2 years ago and are leaking already. I just ordered a set of GM off Amazon today as a matter of fact. I was told by a reputable local fleet truck repair shop that this is a known issue with the fel pros.

I ain't know dat. I think I just put the blue ones in mine earlier this year when I did my rockers and those grommets. At least, that's the same part number of Fel-Pro kit I used. I just went to check and, either I can't see the gaskets or they're black cuz I can't see any blue. Oh well. At least they're an easy swap if they leak.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are coming from summit bud. im not amazoning or ebaying any damn thing unless i absolutely can not find it.

...wait, thats actually been done? thats a shitload of center console to rip out.
I have a jump seat you can have if you come get it. I swapped mine out for a console…. That T56 will fit fine…

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver What is the difference between Delphi LS7 style lifters and "real" LS7 lifters
Well, my BS detector rang when the description mentioned the word "style" and then I ran that part number across multiple GM websites and Summit Racing and came up with nothing.

LS7 lifters are good for street engines that don't see a lot of lift or tons of rpms.

GM Performance lifters have a bowtie emblem on them and they run to 8,000+ rpms with 500+ pounds of open spring pressure.

Ok, did some more googling, the 25341990 LS7 "Style" lifter part number is the number for a set of 16 and not individual. These are genuine GM lifters but I do not know their specs or application. Found them on Amazon of all places with photos of the box and part number.

I'm running the 12648846 lifters, don't know their specs either but they have lived to 6000 rpms so far (60K miles).

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add to swathdiver's info: DO NOT BUY parts like these from places like
amazon and ebay... You WILL be sorry, no matter the savings.
There are TONS of knock off parts going around. A lifter is not one of those
you want to take any chances on. It'll wipe your motor
Use summit racing or an actual GM supplier.. Supply chain issues have F'ed up
the auto parts/ enthusiast's world in the last 2 years... Prices are stupid, so
be very careful of which parts you buy and whom you buy from

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my BS detector rang when the description mentioned the word "style" and then I ran that part number across multiple GM websites and Summit Racing and came up with nothing.

LS7 lifters are good for street engines that don't see a lot of lift or tons of rpms.

GM Performance lifters have a bowtie emblem on them and they run to 8,000+ rpms with 500+ pounds of open spring pressure.

Ok, did some more googling, the 25341990 LS7 "Style" lifter part number is the number for a set of 16 and not individual. These are genuine GM lifters but I do not know their specs or application. Found them on Amazon of all places with photos of the box and part number.

I'm running the 12648846 lifters, don't know their specs either but they have lived to 6000 rpms so far (60K miles).
Your ******** detector is calibrated correctly….