Parking brake delete from previous owner WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they broke the cylinder also for reference the front left brake was like this View attachment 384043
them front pads wore uneven cause one piston is not backing off. caliper is likely going bad. or it could be the rubber brake line to the caliper, they do go bad and dont let the fluid back out.

back brakes your likely best hitting a junk yard for the whole set up.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
them front pads wore uneven cause one piston is not backing off. caliper is likely going bad. or it could be the rubber brake line to the caliper, they do go bad and dont let the fluid back out.

I’m gonna try the $25 kit for the back brakes15C082B1-70A7-4E3F-A645-9FC50A36090E.png

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. Lots of cheapskates out there who don't mind the parking pawl keeping the truck from moving.

Get the part numbers of the stuff you need here:

I found the stuff I need I think I’m ignoring the aftermarket hex for now because it’s $8 to replace,and I have the proper tool to remove it im gonna need a $25 cylinder hardware kit but then I can have 4 working corners

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Caliper is fine it was just sticking because it was maxxed out I tested them and they moved freely once I shifted it more closed with new pads at worst I’ll get a new caliper later bigger priority is fixing the rear end so if anything happens i atleast have a emergency brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907