Parking brake delete from previous owner WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right that the circled item is an adjuster, but it is not a "self" adjuster.

Self adjusters need an actuator assembly that puts some pressure on the adjuster like in the diagram below:
View attachment 384081

There is no such actuator in our parking brake system. We simply have the star wheel (adjusting assembly).

Okay then! I could swear I heard them click to adjust when engaging the PB in reverse periodically. So that is strictly for manual adjustment then. This is good to know. Thank you for correcting me.

Here is another good vid for those who would need it:

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay then! I could swear I heard them click to adjust when engaging the PB in reverse periodically. So that is strictly for manual adjustment then. This is good to know. Thank you for correcting me.

Here is another good vid for those who would need it:

It's called wishful thinking. I've been there lots of time! (With the parking brake too). You wouldn't believe now many times I could have been seen backing up my LeSabre and slamming on the brakes, and parking brakes too. The only thing I probably gained was looking like a crazed maniac backing up a car and slamming on the brakes at 2 AM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE