'05 Z71 Traction Control, Abs and Parking Brake lights on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of codes but many are common to each other.
I think your driveability issue is the brake control module.

tpms is probably no sensors -aftermarket wheels
srs (airbag) is probably bad front impact sensors
radio -aftermarket?
hvac, actuator codes/blend door operation

none of that is uncommon for a 20 year vehicle, especially when you scan the entire system

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a lot of codes but many are common to each other.
I think your driveability issue is the brake control module.

tpms is probably no sensors -aftermarket wheels
srs (airbag) is probably bad front impact sensors
radio -aftermarket?
hvac, actuator codes/blend door operation

none of that is uncommon for a 20 year vehicle, especially when you scan the entire system
Picked up a Autel Scan tool 900, Fantastic device.

Ended up solving the Security issues, and a window short with the diagnostics.

However after removal of the EBCM, ( Single Plug, W JL4)

It's toast. The removal of the top cap via a knife and some prying isn't possible with this module, we found that out because the factory who manufactured this particular one, put enough RTV between the lid and the actual motherboard that when trying to pry the cap off the assembly, it ripped the motherboard out of the assembly itself.

SO! lol I'm in search of a JL4 module, there was one on an Escalade at the junk yard I'm gonna try and grab but with no way to test without re assembly it's gonna be a long process.

Anyone here have any locations that have new or tested units?

Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Autel Scan tool 900, Fantastic device.

Ended up solving the Security issues, and a window short with the diagnostics.

However after removal of the EBCM, ( Single Plug, W JL4)

It's toast. The removal of the top cap via a knife and some prying isn't possible with this module, we found that out because the factory who manufactured this particular one, put enough RTV between the lid and the actual motherboard that when trying to pry the cap off the assembly, it ripped the motherboard out of the assembly itself.

SO! lol I'm in search of a JL4 module, there was one on an Escalade at the junk yard I'm gonna try and grab but with no way to test without re assembly it's gonna be a long process.

Anyone here have any locations that have new or tested units?

Thanks!
it's possible many places may have one and it's just not listed, I would call around to junkyards to see if they have your year/make/model until you find one

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's possible many places may have one and it's just not listed, I would call around to junkyards to see if they have your year/make/model until you find one
Ordered on on eBay, will report back when it gets here next week when I install it.

I'll be bleeding all the dr pepper colored Brake fluid afterwards. My Autel says it's capable of ABS brake bleed command, anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks!

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Autel definitely communicates with the junkyard Escalade module, canceled the eBay order.

However discovered a rounded off brake bleed screw on the passenger rear and a allen key shoved in a completely snapped off bleeder screw on the driver rear,

new calipers to be installed Thursday, then once again to try the Pre charged, and then Automatic bleed followed by a base brake bleed (that's what Alldata suggested)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar