Oil Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting info in this thread. I've never really seen these on anything other than turbo or supercharged engines but makes sense with these being direct injection engines. I checked my oil at 4500 miles before a road trip that I knew was going to push me over 5k miles before I would be home for the first oil change and the oil looked like it was brand new out of the jug.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a UDP single catch can. Quality is as described by the OP…excellent. I have not installed yet. I am wondering about warranty issues. Nobody seems to have had a problem or I suspect it would have been posted by now. It looks seriously OEM so I wonder if they would even notice. I guess if my engine blows a lifter I would convert back before towing.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to do that. If there is ever a case of denying you warranty they have to prove the catch can is the result of your “engine blowing”.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a UDP single catch can. Quality is as described by the OP…excellent. I have not installed yet. I am wondering about warranty issues. Nobody seems to have had a problem or I suspect it would have been posted by now. It looks seriously OEM so I wonder if they would even notice. I guess if my engine blows a lifter I would convert back before towing.
For more peace of mind - Here is an excerpt from a search I found on the act mentioned above:

• The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void a warranty or deny coverage under the warranty because an aftermarket or recycled part was used.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered this guy:

Yes it is pricey. I've been running Team RXP Catch Cans since my 2010 Camaro. They make an awesome product MADE IN AMERICA. Two things I really like are that it is a nice big can and the drain at the bottom which makes emptying the can very easy.

morig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed the J&L catch can and notice a slight hissing from the catch can when I have my head under the hood. With the hood shut I can’t hear it. Is this normal? Engine seems to be running fine but curious if I should be concerned about the hiss or if it’s just air traveling through the can/filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC