Oil Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone put one on their new Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban yet? Do they make one specifically for the new models or did you have to modify one? Is it true that GM will void a warranty if there is engine trouble after install? I would hate to install one and have the dreaded valve spring issue and lose my warranty because I installed a catch can. TIA

jna97

Reaction score
Installed the JLT on my 5.3 that was a direct fit and it's caught about 5oz of oil in the past 6k miles. Already been to the dealer and they didn't say anything about it. IMO a good bit of insurance with these DI engines.

3Glx9y1.jpg

What part number is it?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put one on their new Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban yet? Do they make one specifically for the new models or did you have to modify one? Is it true that GM will void a warranty if there is engine trouble after install? I would hate to install one and have the dreaded valve spring issue and lose my warranty because I installed a catch can. TIA

You might query your dealer. I mean, I don't see a dealer calling out a benign aftermarket part on your engine if there is warranty work to be done (and get paid for). Also, I think if GM somehow found out your engine had a catch can (something I can't see happening) and refused warranty payments on a known systemic problem on your engine, I think you wouldn't have much trouble interesting an attorney to get that rectified (likely a strongly letter would do it).

When I ordered my Moroso catch can, it came with install instructions but they applied to earlier model SUV's/Trucks (which was fine with me as mine was an earlier model, 2007). There was a picture on the Amazon page where I bought it from of an install someone captured on their newer model, seemed very straight forward. They mounted it with what looked like the same fastener which holds the windshield washer tank to the body (versus to the alternator stand on mine). There are cheaper alternatives to the Moroso unit, installs would all be basically the same, I think.

I really like having it on my 2007 port injection engine (for piece of mind and a monitor for what is going on inside my motor). I can't imagine owning a direct injection engine and not having one.

OP
OP
E

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the JLT on my 5.3 that was a direct fit and it's caught about 5oz of oil in the past 6k miles. Already been to the dealer and they didn't say anything about it. IMO a good bit of insurance with these DI engines.

Can you post a link to that item? Would love to pick that up or if there are other manufacturers that make different ones. TIA

OP
OP
E

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First of all JLT has some really fast response time because I sent an email 15 minutes ago and correspondence already back and this was the response.

Thank you for the pictures. We do have a kit that will fit this application. I have supplied the link below for you to go right to the product. The suburban is now catching up to the Silverado under the hood from the earlier models.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-...-silverado-1500-gmc-sierra-1500-5-3l-6-2l-v8/

John Dozier

JLT Performance

1008 Executive Blvd.

Chesapeake, VA 23320

(757) 335-1940 x 100

www.JLTtruecoldair.com

www.facebook.com/JLTPerformance

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a UPR catch can on my F-150 Ecoboost. I would advise on paying attention to how the catch can works. Not all of them are the same and some do let oil into the intake. I've had mine for 7+ years on my truck. Only thing I've had to replace is the o-rings at the quick disconnects.

jna97

Reaction score
First of all JLT has some really fast response time because I sent an email 15 minutes ago and correspondence already back and this was the response.

Thank you for the pictures. We do have a kit that will fit this application. I have supplied the link below for you to go right to the product. The suburban is now catching up to the Silverado under the hood from the earlier models.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-...-silverado-1500-gmc-sierra-1500-5-3l-6-2l-v8/

John Dozier

JLT Performance

1008 Executive Blvd.

Chesapeake, VA 23320

(757) 335-1940 x 100

www.JLTtruecoldair.com

www.facebook.com/JLTPerformance
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member