Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Front Street

Reaction score
Vehicle: 2004 Yukon SLT2 2WD

Advertised drop
- 4.5" front
- 5.5" rear

Fender height front/rear:
- Front: 31.25"
- Rear: 32"

Front:
- LCA's : stock
- UCA's : stock
- Spindles : McGaughy's 2" Drop Spindles
- Sway Bar : stock
- Tie Rods : stock
- T-bars : stock
- T-bar keys : stock
- Shocks : stock
- Steering : stock

Rear:
- UTA : stock
- LTA : stock
- Springs : McGaughy's 5" springs
- Panhard : Stock
- Sway Bar : McGaughy's rear end kit
- Shocks : Belltech 2410FF

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels: 24" GMC CK375 with +31mm offset
- Tires : Nexen 305/35/24

Considered upgrades:
- AccuAir front and rear
- DJM 3" drop LCAs
- Spohn Upper and Lower links
- Spohn Panhard Bar

Brief impressions of setup:
It drives and handles so much better than stock. The Yukon is more predictable at highway speeds and in traffic (sudden stops and swerves). The front can get a little rough over uneven roads.

05D37613-714C-42C1-8F07-EBF755B97DF3_zps9yj4jxag.jpg

4AFB6A4D-6406-46DC-BD3A-A0203333C4AF_zpsmeddgcdv.jpg

576CFE30-B2C9-4833-BA0E-7032DC874BD2_zpszkxyzsah.jpg

It looks awesome! However, I'm wondering how you got 4.5 inches lower in the front with just 2" spindles and stock everything else? Did you just adjust the torsion bars?

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks awesome! However, I'm wondering how you got 4.5 inches lower in the front with just 2" spindles and stock everything else? Did you just adjust the torsion bars?

Thank you very much, sir! It was a great looking Yuk!

I unscrewed the fawk out of the torsion key bolts. I think I had only 3-6 threads left in the crossmember- It made it ride REALLY good. If you want to do this, I would put some red threadlock on the torsion key bolts just for added security.

Front Street

Reaction score
Thank you very much, sir! It was a great looking Yuk!

I unscrewed the fawk out of the torsion key bolts. I think I had only 3-6 threads left in the crossmember- It made it ride REALLY good. If you want to do this, I would put some red threadlock on the torsion key bolts just for added security.

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Front Street

Reaction score
I'm getting my 24"s put on tomorrow and aligned. However, it will be a 3" plus drop in the front and it looks like from the mock up, that it won't have much travel at all. Did you guys have to take out the fender liner or roll any of the front fenders for travel? I know it depends on the offset of your wheels, but just wondering if there's something that was done inside the fender or with the lining.
Thanks!

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my 24"s put on tomorrow and aligned. However, it will be a 3" plus drop in the front and it looks like from the mock up, that it won't have much travel at all. Did you guys have to take out the fender liner or roll any of the front fenders for travel? I know it depends on the offset of your wheels, but just wondering if there's something that was done inside the fender or with the lining.
Thanks!

The great thing about the GMT800 platform is that the wheel wells actually taper out the closer you get to the frame. You'll be just fine with a 3" drop in the front; with my 4.5" in the front, I would just barely kiss the top of the wheel well over very rough roads. Like pothole filled roads. A newer bumpstop will hit the LCA before you hit anything else.

My was running +31mm offset, so the rest of the wheel was tucked inside the wheel well. I never touched the fender liner in the front, only in the rear is where I had to cut a good bit of fender well plastic.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicle: 2006 Tahoe LS 2WD

Shop that installed the lowering kit in Fort Lauderdale:
California Custom Sport Trucks
http://www.calcustoms.com/

Kit purchased:
NORCAL SS CUSTOM 3/5-6 Tahoe Yukon lowering kit.
http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=88

This kit fits all 2wd/4x4 00-06 Tahoes, Yukons, etc... without Autoride. Here is the complement of parts contained within the kit.

- Front DJM 3 Inch A Arms
- Front Belltech Street Performance Shocks
- Rear NORCAL SS Custom 6" Springs.
- Rear Belltech 1 inch spacers (makes it adjustable to 5")
- Rear DJM hardware kit with trailing arms, end links and shock extenders
- Rear Belltech Street Performance Shocks
- Spohn Adjustable Pan Hard Bar (purchased separately from kit)
- Helper Bags Part Number 60742 (purchased separately from kit)

Advertised drop
- 3" front
- 5-6" rear

Fender lip to ground measurements before the drop:
The tape shows over 36"

Fender lip to ground measurements after the first 500 miles (Sept 2014):
Right front 33 3/4"
Left front 33 1/2"
Right rear 34"
Left rear 33 7/8" (with full tank of gas)

Fender lip to ground measurements after 8 months (April 2015):
- Right Front:33"
- Left Front: 33"
- Left Rear: 33 7/8"
- Right Rear, 33 9/16"

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels: 20" matte black LTZ reps with +31mm offset.
- Tires : Bridgestone Dueler Alenza HL 275/55/20.

Brief impressions of setup:
The truck rides pretty sweet. I do have the spacers still in there and the helper bags with less than 5 psi. The shop did not do the free travel mod and only cut the OEM bump stops down a bit. I was a little pissed initially as I had asked them to do this (perhaps there was a miscommunication about the bump stop bracket and the bump stops themselves) and the red bump stops that Tony includes with the kit went missing.

I spoke to Tony about the free travel mod, sent him pictures and he suggested to me that if I was happy with the ride to just leave it. Let the air out of the bags and bring the rear down a touch and call it a day. Another inch would be great for looks, but honestly the ride is really nice. And the fenderwell gap is gone from stock. I really do not have any complaints about this set up, the kit or the ride. The shop sorted me out with a second alignment one week later for free after something got knocked out of whack. That was really nice.

It drives and handles so much better than stock. The Tahoe holds the road, corners better, doesn't dip and dive or bounce around so much over bumps.

Happy that I decided to go with the 3/5-6 kit rather than the 2/3 kit. I scoured the TYF before I chose the kit, emailed back and forth with Tony for ideas, found this thread and then wanted to contribute for the next guys wanting to make the same decisions that I made. I was nervous about changing the OEM setup, but it might be my favorite modification as the entire look of the truck is changed. From there, everything else just complements the stance.

Here are some progression pictures. There are more pictures in my build thread. Thanks for reading and if you are on the fence, just do it. Ask another TYF member or email Tony. You will love it!!

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Chevy Suburban

Just a bunch of parts I accumulated, not really a "kit" but it came out to be about a 4/5 drop.

Front:
2" Belltech spindles
dropped keys
DJM shocks

Rear:
4" Maxtrac coils
DJM trailing arm & sway bar brackets
Spohn panhard bar
DJM shocks
free travel mod

275/55-20 Nitto 420's on Tahoe reps.

31 1/2" Front, 32 3/4 Rear. Overall I'm very happy with it. Ride is good, a little firmer than stock, but not bad. Passed the wife test, lol. Installed everything in a day as well as rebuilt the whole front end. When I took it in for alignment they said they had to max the camber eccentrics and couldn't get it to factory specs, but as long as I rotate the tires regularly I'd be ok. I haven't noticed any wear on the insides of the front tires. My only issue is that the front tires contact the tops of the inner fenders on big bumps/dips, but then again it's been a few years since I've had a dropped truck and haven't gotten back into that mentality yet, lol.

20150414_145944.jpg

20150414_145904.jpg

20150326_164300.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoesb4tows

Latest posts