Lowered 08 escalade progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
colt45hoe

colt45hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Did you order all of your parts through Tony (NorcalSS) or did you order through a different location?
Thanks man much appreciated! I didn’t get any parts through Tony but he was still able to help me out with a couple questions and get me in the right direction, pretty cool if you ask me considering I didn’t spend any money with him but he still helped out!

So you're probably at a 4/5" drop then right? Also no front camber bushings??
Yeah I’d say 3.5 /4.25 is where it really came down to rest with my measurements! I do not have the camber bushings installed with the #2511 spindles and I don’t think I’ll need them the wheels are perfect and should align no problem even with how low it is!

I’ve since installed airlift rear helper bags and this thing not only tows perfectly now it also rides 4 adults no problem now!! Love it! Dropping it was the best thing I’ve done in a long time lol even this low!

Carlos Mendoza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man much appreciated! I didn’t get any parts through Tony but he was still able to help me out with a couple questions and get me in the right direction, pretty cool if you ask me considering I didn’t spend any money with him but he still helped out!

Yeah I’d say 3.5 /4.25 is where it really came down to rest with my measurements! I do not have the camber bushings installed with the #2511 spindles and I don’t think I’ll need them the wheels are perfect and should align no problem even with how low it is!

I’ve since installed airlift rear helper bags and this thing not only tows perfectly now it also rides 4 adults no problem now!! Love it! Dropping it was the best thing I’ve done in a long time lol even this low!
finally got around to installing the drop kit on my 08 escalade. stepped away from auto ride all togethor for right now cause i was just wanted everything installed. i tow alot and knew i would need helper bags or retain the factory auto level in the rear with the proper air shocks in the back but still wanted to see how it would ride with the belltech shocks!!

parts list

-Belltech 2511 2" drop spindles for 3' or more of drop
-belltech 25004 drop shock ' 2 rings used '
-energy suspension 5" sway bar end link for the front
-belltech 5305 rear springs with no isolators
-belltech 2410ff drop shock
-DJM offset swaybar end link
-belltech front camber bushings "did not use" dont need them either.

REAR: measure 32 7/8ths fender to ground

i had purchased the DJM lower control arm relocation brackets, djm shock relocators and djm offset swaybar end links for the rear. upon install and setting the truck down it did not sit right it was super uneven, ended up with 5.5 drop on pass side and 3.5 on the driver side it had me scratching my head with confusion cause everything installed fairly simple so i talked to tony "NorcalSS" who advised to remove the lower control arm brackets which i did and used the belltech shock relocator, belltech springs with the belltech drop shocks and it sits perfect at 17.5' from the fender to center of the wheel

FRONT : measure 32" from fender to ground

the front was really smooth and ran into no issues there! my truck had auto ride so on the front shocks i used 2 spacer rings to achieve my desired ride height. also used the belltech 2511 2" drop spindle! the truck rides great!!

CONS :

only problem im having at this point is the truck bottoms out very easily "yes i did the free travel mod" so ill need to switch back to auto level in the rear sooner than later cause it drives me nuts!! anyway heres some pics of it!
Esky looks great!!! Question, when you say remove the lower control arm bracket, did you mean the whole djm relocation bracket and shock extenders all together and used the belltech shock extenders to achieve your desired drop?? Also did you use the factory spring coil isolator top and bottom or did you a piece of heater hose to get the most out of the 5305 coils??

OP
OP
colt45hoe

colt45hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Esky looks great!!! Question, when you say remove the lower control arm bracket, did you mean the whole djm relocation bracket and shock extenders all together and used the belltech shock extenders to achieve your desired drop?? Also did you use the factory spring coil isolator top and bottom or did you a piece of heater hose to get the most out of the 5305 coils??

thanks man i appreciate it, yeah so when i first installed everything using the DJM relocation brackets my truck was not sitting proper and tony advised me to remove all the DJM parts and so i did which was me using belltech 5305 springs and the belltech shock extenders and it sat perfect with that. the only isolator im using is on the bottom spring to axle!

XL_Livin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beautiful ride. I got a 2012 yukon denali getting a 3/4 drop right now. Are your tires 285/45/22?

OP
OP
colt45hoe

colt45hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I get nothing but compliments on the 24s but it rides like complete shit cause of them lol and yes they balanced and alignment is on point but I don’t like it . Want to go back to 22s just need to find the right wheel. 64D68AD5-FA2C-4CA4-8537-D45B2E58681B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011