2008 Tahoe lowering complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I have with the wire cable retainer removed.
This is on the ground loaded.

I understand what you're saying.
With this being a jacketed cable, there shouldn't be any increased internal cable tension.
That looks completely fine, and you have more slack than I do on the brake cable. There is definitely something else going on. Time to dig into those calipers! Also it could be somewhere else in the line, so wouldn't hurt to check the run.

This really looks great. I guess that you don't Tow anything small Boat or Jet ski or anything...
I am curious how the ride is going to be velvety smooth or will it be like a Buck board?
I don't have helper bags installed (but I do have them in a box in my garage...helpful) and I tow close to capacity. Zero issue with rubbing or rough ride or too much sag. Properly load your trailer and the tahoe will take care of the rest like usual.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, I really want to get this done to mine too. I pull a bass boat a lot. I also use the rear hatch quite a bit and I am worried about smacking my head on it if I lower it though. I am 6'1 and I partially duck under it as it is.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, I really want to get this done to mine too. I pull a bass boat a lot. I also use the rear hatch quite a bit and I am worried about smacking my head on it if I lower it though. I am 6'1 and I partially duck under it as it is.
You'll adapt to the "duck and lean" pretty quickly haha. I'm 6ft and the rear is lowered at least 4" on my tahoe. Certainly not something that should sway the decision to lower, IMO.

OP
OP
K

Keith Oelzen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being 5'7" offers very few advantages in life....I'll take them whenever possible.:)

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! All these lowering threads for me wanting to do mine sooner than later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons