More Lift Questions With A Specific Goal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdrautoworks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off lot's of great info from you folks here!

Been looking around quite a bit and have a good idea of a plan but would like some input because I cannot seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Right now looking like RC but not liking the options. Going to be lifting the girlfriends 2011 Z71 Tahoe and is currently stock and below is what I am trying to accomplish but just can't put the right parts combo together. Trying to achieve a 3" lift in the front and bring the rear level with the front and run a 33x12.50 tire.

Front: Looking for complete strut assemblies to achieve the lift with out spacers and replacing the UCA to help the ball joint stress as well as install the sway bar links with out using extension brackets.

Struts - Is there a complete strut that will achieve 3" without spacers outside of the RC brand that is quality?
Upper Control Arm - What is the best option for a UCA to work with the recommended strut?
Sway Bar Link - Is there a longer SBL that will work with this lift, I've seen reference to Jeep links but didn't get a ton of detail?

Rear: Looking to bring the rear level with the front with out the use of spacers if possible, new shocks with out extensions, and sway bar links.

Springs - Is there a aftermarket spring that will bring the back end up, I'm thinking it'll need to be 1-1.5 inches of lift?
Shocks - Would like to go with an extended shock vs. the extension brackets, again something quality, doesn't need to be adjustable Kings?
Sway Bar Links - Same as above for the front, is there an extended link so I do not have to use the extension hardware.
Track/Pan Hard Bar - With this mild lift is it necessary to replace the track bar with an adjustable?

Lastly tires and wheels... Would like to run a 33x12.50 or taller, reading I may have to go with a 11.50 and that is fine just harder to find. Wheels looking at a 18x9 with a -18 back spacing, as I'd like the tire to stick out just .5-1" and seems to be the best combo for the lift/tire regarding clearance.

Any input on the wheel tire combo is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
JDR

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question, as I prefer the stock ride height; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody really makes 3 inch lift parts, they make parts for 2 inch leveling kits and then its 4 inch lift kits and then its 6 inch lift kits. Anything that is a 3 inch, 5 inch, or 7 inch kit is accomplished using spacers.

I would reconsider the spacers and brackets if you really want 3 inches. When done right it can ride comfortably and have all the performance you need.

You can check my signature for ideas of parts to use.

OP
OP
J

jdrautoworks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the input! Looks like I'll dig into the 2" options a bit more, trying to stay away from dropping the front diff. Are there any recommendations outside of RC for a quality strut/spring and UCA you would recommend? Also sway bar links for a 2", is there anything that will work that is not a bracket type extension?

I'll try to get some pic of said truck this evening.

Thanks!

JDR

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jdrautoworks

Front: Bilstein 5100 struts set at the highest setting.

Rear: Bilstein 5100 shocks and Moog 81069 springs.

With 2 inches of lift you might not be able to run 33 inch tires, might need to do the nor cal mod.

OP
OP
J

jdrautoworks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you Dustin, I'll go dig into those, would you recommend the UCA being replaced?

OP
OP
J

jdrautoworks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MB that is a little more inline as they do come with the springs, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar